Firefox problem

  • djinhunter
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
      I am running the latest version of Firefox as my defaul browser. I
      recently attempted to update the Firefox program. The installation
      program froze during install. Now every time I attempt to open
      Firefox, I receive a msg stating the the "current install" must be
      completed before the program can open. How should I proceed. Any
      suggestions would be appreciated.
    • hamamateurbowler
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
        I don't use firefox myself but just incase you don't find the answer
        that you need here may i recomend an group that do firefox.

        Good luck,

        Joseph

        --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, "djinhunter" <djinhunter@y...>
        wrote:
        > I am running the latest version of Firefox as my defaul browser. I
        > recently attempted to update the Firefox program. The installation
        > program froze during install. Now every time I attempt to open
        > Firefox, I receive a msg stating the the "current install" must be
        > completed before the program can open. How should I proceed. Any
        > suggestions would be appreciated.
      • David Ron
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 4, 2005
          Back it up first, just in case:
          http://home.att.net/~cherokee67/ffbuprofile.html

          these directions show you how to back it up. Just delete the whole
          "Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox" folder to remove it completely.

          Firefox will re-create it when you start back up. After starting back
          up, you can try to restore the stuff. You may not want to restore the
          "user customization files" because they could be the source of the problem.

          --TwinkieStix

        • RayMead@cfl.rr.com
          Message 4 of 6 , May 7, 2010
            Hi
            All of a sudden, Thunderbird has started to download the same email 12
            times, then it does it again later.
            I have been using Thunderbird for a few years now and never had a
            problem before, I have a few email addresses so you can imagine getting
            10 sent emails and receiving 120.

            Any help Welcome
            Ray
          • Vince
            Message 5 of 6 , May 7, 2010
              Doesn't seem like a Firefox problem but more a problem with Thunderbird mail which I don't use and only have very little familiarity with. You might want to search the T-bird forums which are plentiful.

              Alternatively, you don't mention OS or how long the problem has been besetting you. If it's a short-term problem have you considered perhaps a system restore? Also, have you double-checked with your ISP to make sure you have the correct settings?

              --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, "RayMead@..." <RayMead@...> wrote:

              > Hi
              > All of a sudden, Thunderbird has started to download the same email 12
              > times, then it does it again later.
              > I have been using Thunderbird for a few years now and never had a
              > problem before, I have a few email addresses so you can imagine getting
              > 10 sent emails and receiving 120.
              >
              > Any help Welcome
              > Ray

            • Joan Leach
              Message 6 of 6 , May 8, 2010
                Did you try updating Thunderbird and Firefox?  Could an extension in Thunderbird or Firefox be the problem?

                If you were using Mint Linux KDE, I'd suggest using Sweeper, since it speeds up or sets things right for me in Firefox.  Sorry, I haven't downloaded my email in years, and when I did it was in ZIP format from Yahoo/Prodigy.

                http://www.rumblingedge.com/
                http://www.mozilla.org/
                http://www.mozilla.org/community/
                http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=39