Just need some information

  • hamamateurbowler
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1 12:59 AM
      I just got this pem2 puter but it's pretty will gutted out. Not a
      problem on that if I can just get it up and running with other stuff
      I may have on hand. My question is these marking on the lg. heat-sink
      and backing, 1st line[350/512/100/2.0V S1], 2nd line[19180475-0387
      Philippines], 3th line[im c 97 sl37f]. Would anyone know what these
      are. The computer case said it's a Michada, I have never heard of
      this one befor. Thanks in advance. Joseph
    • hamamateurbowler
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1 10:16 AM
        Sorry but i forgot to mention that this is the cpu. And that it is on
        a very big heat-sink about 5 1/2 in long. Joseph

        --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, hamamateurbowler
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:

        > I just got this pem2 puter but it's pretty will gutted out. Not a
        > problem on that if I can just get it up and running with other
        stuff
        > I may have on hand. My question is these marking on the lg. heat-
        sink
        > and backing, 1st line[350/512/100/2.0V S1], 2nd line[19180475-0387
        > Philippines], 3th line[im c 97 sl37f]. Would anyone know what these
        > are. The computer case said it's a Michada, I have never heard of
        > this one befor. Thanks in advance. Joseph
      • Don K
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1 3:47 PM
          That sounds like a slot 1 cartridge processor. I think the P-2's came in
          chips, and then later in long cartridges that fit into slots on the mobo.
          James was right about the 350Mhz speed, 512 cache, 100Mhz bus speed.
          The 2.2v is the voltage. The 2nd line [19180475-0387 Philippines] is
          the cpu's serial number and country of origin.
          The 3rd line [im c 97 sl37f] ... not sure about the im, but the
          copyright is 1997, and the SL37F is the Intel S-spec identifier which
          you can look up on the intel site to find all the info about the chip
          such as steppings, revision numbers, and a zillion other things.

          But those number just identify the Intel CPU. They wouldn't have
          anything to do with the maker of the computer. I think Michada was an
          online seller of custom built PC's. Kind of like Dell. But they might
          be out of business. I coulnd't find a valid website for them. But if
          you need info about the pc you could find it out component by
          component. Just look up each component maker's website.

          Good luck,
          Donktg

          hamamateurbowler wrote:

          >Sorry but i forgot to mention that this is the cpu. And that it is on
          >a very big heat-sink about 5 1/2 in long. Joseph
          >
          >--- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, hamamateurbowler
          ><no_reply@y...> wrote:
          >

          >>I just got this pem2 puter but it's pretty will gutted out. Not a
          >>problem on that if I can just get it up and running with other
          >>

          >stuff
          >

          >>I may have on hand. My question is these marking on the lg. heat-
          >>

          >sink
          >

          >>and backing, 1st line[350/512/100/2.0V S1], 2nd line[19180475-0387
          >>Philippines], 3th line[im c 97 sl37f]. Would anyone know what these
          >>are. The computer case said it's a Michada, I have never heard of
          >>this one befor. Thanks in advance. Joseph
          >>

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • hamamateurbowler
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 1 9:24 PM
            Thanks James and Don, Great infor. I would think that as long as it's
            not broken then I should able to put it together. Just need more than
            the 64mb ram that it has now. Has to be better than this p1-166mhz
            that I am useing right now.

            You're right Don. The Michada company is long gone, It was a Las
            Vegas computer company. Its too bad because this city is one of the
            fastest growing. The cabinet is every well build and solid with
            little "ground fingers" all over the case. Don't see them build like
            this very offen.

            Thanks once again Guys. Joseph

            --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, Don K <d.knieriem@v...>