Re: [Simply Computers] Best Computer Protection?

  • Thomas
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2005
      Well being as everyone says how great ZA is I figured I'd give it a whirl ... I'm most pleased !
      cant say that I will miss NIS2005 resource Hogging features and memory leaks.

      Happy New Year to you all
      Thomas

      I recommend Zone Alarm Security Suite. It has a Firewall, Program Control,
      Anti-Virus, E-Mail Protection, Privacy Filter, ID Protection, IM Protection,
      and Web Filtering.

      Check out the website http://www.zonelabs.com for more details. I love it!
      Free updates for a year. It's also very easy to use (at least for me...),
      and doesn't cost an arm and a leg :) .
      Protection?

    • Wolf
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2005
        Download it, and use it in the demo mode (30 days). It's the full version,
        so you only need to insert the registration code when you buy it, to unlock
        it to the full version.

      • David Ron
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 11, 2005
          Be careful when asking for things like this. Like a swiss-army knife,
          it will be convienent, but none of the singular tools will completely
          replace the larger stand-alone counterpart. I believe that certain
          companies understand certain types of problems better than others.
          Norton is excellent at repairing computers and "ghosting", but I don't
          prefer it for virus scanning, especially for the price compared to AVG
          which works better, in my opinion, and is free.

          I don't believe that there is a company that makes a good package that
          does all of the following well:

          1. Virus Scanning and Removal

          2. Spyware Scanning and removal.

          3. Software firewall.

          4. Backup.

          5. Disk utilities.

          6. Anti-hijacking.

          7. Winsock repair.

          8. Startup editor.

          Let alone the other dozen or so utilities we recomend here weekly.

          --TwinkieStix