is it technically possible to use trailwares for long time?

  • student india
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2004
      this may be an unusal question to many.

      Many a times we install trailware which lasts for 15
      to 30 or longer before the programme becomes
      unfunctionable.but when we uninstall the programme
      before the deadline due to some reason and installing
      it again before the deadline,the schedules are conuted
      from the day we 1st installed the program in the
      computer and not the second or later time
      installation.
      however this does`t happen when we format the drive in
      which the operating system in located in.
      so there should be a place in the OS drive where the
      logs or details are kept and the trailware looks for
      it before installation.Could any 1 plz tell me where
      is it.I use Windows 2000 professional edition.

      is it technically possible to use trailware for a long
      long time by modifing these settings.If yes, plz tell
      me how to.

      thankx in advance

    • David Ron
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 6, 2004
        It is, but why would you want to do it? Why not either pay for it, or
        use a free non-trialware alternative. For the last ten years, the open
        source movement has grown so large that nearly every common program has
        a free alternative that should be good enough for anybody without enough
        money for proprietary software.

        What program(s) are you talking about specifically?

        --TwinkieStix

        student india wrote:

        > this may be an unusal question to many.
        >
        > Many a times we install trailware which lasts for 15
        > to 30 or longer before the programme becomes
        > unfunctionable.but when we uninstall the programme
        > before the deadline due to some reason and installing
        > it again before the deadline,the schedules are conuted
        > from the day we 1st installed the program in the
        > computer and not the second or later time
        > installation.
        > however this does`t happen when we format the drive in
        > which the operating system in located in.
        > so there should be a place in the OS drive where the
        > logs or details are kept and the trailware looks for
        > it before installation.Could any 1 plz tell me where
        > is it.I use Windows 2000 professional edition.
        >
        > is it technically possible to use trailware for a long
        > long time by modifing these settings.If yes, plz tell
        > me how to.
        >
        > thankx in advance

      • Ujjwal Dasgupta
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 8, 2004
          I agree with david, freeware is a much better alternative. Though yes it is ofcourse possible, it will probably not be legal to talk about it. All I can say is that windows stores a lot of info about programs in the registry, which you get by going to start>run and typing "regedit", but if you mess with the registry, you may get an unbootable system.

          Many a times we install trailware which lasts for 15
          to 30 or longer before the programme becomes
          unfunctionable.but when we uninstall the programme
          before the deadline due to some reason and installing
          it again before the deadline,the schedules are conuted
          from the day we 1st installed the program in the
          computer and not the second or later time
          installation.
          however this does`t happen when we format the drive in
          which the operating system in located in.
          so there should be a place in the OS drive where the
          logs or details are kept and the trailware looks for
          it before installation.Could any 1 plz tell me where
          is it.I use Windows 2000 professional edition.

          is it technically possible to use trailware for a long
          long time by modifing these settings.If yes, plz tell
          me how to.

          thankx in advance

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • b welkin
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 9, 2004
            Technically? possibly...
            Ethically - NO.

            Think about it.

            ...Bryce

            At 9/1/2004, student India wrote:
            >this may be an unusual question to many.
            >
            >Many .. times we install trialware which lasts for 15
            >to 30 {days} or longer before the program becomes
            >unfunctionable.but when we uninstall the program,
            >before the deadline, due to some reason and installing
            >it again before the deadline, the schedules are continued
            >from the day we 1st installed the program in the
            >computer and not the second or later time
            >installation.
            >However this does't happen when we format the drive in
            >which the operating system {is} located...
            >so there should be a place in the OS drive where the
            >logs or details are kept and the trialware looks for
            >it before installation.Could any 1 plz tell me where
            >is it. I use Windows 2000 professional edition.
            >
            >is it technically possible to use trialware for a long,
            >long time by modifying these settings. If yes, plz tell
            >me how to.

            Nope - not from me.