Re: [Simply Computers] java/javascript

  • garycooper20000
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2004
      --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, "dfitzy6969" <david@f...> wrote:
      > I suppose you could call them buttons the people who run the site
      > said they were called menus, sometimes i can get the menus/buttons
      > no probs like tonight for instance, they were there for a few hours
      > then just went now i can't get them back anymore. When i muck
      > around with my settings they just appear sometimes and each time
      > i've been doing something different each time, the owners told me
      > they were created using javascript so i just assumed i had a problem
      > with java/javascript.

      These two are different things.

      > I had a little peek at your website Linda and it was very impressive
      > indeed so i would be very grateful of any help you could give me
      > with regards my problem, i have even checked if i had MS virtual
      > machine whwich i downloaded again and re-installed but still no
      > luck.

      If your problem is with javascript (and very probably with some settings) downloading and installing Java won't help you.

      > Maybe there is something wrong with my PC or somethings not turned
      > on properly or could it just be a fault with the website itself.
      >
      > Please can you try and help me.

      I tried this website with three different browsers : IE 6 SP1, Opera 7.23 and Firefox 0.8 . All displayed the page correctly. I know that new Norton packages have script protection features, this may be causing the problem.

      You can try firefox :
      http://texturizer.net/firefox/download.html#release
      (don't change the default install location)

      or Opera
      www.opera.com

      Both are very good browsers. Opera is ad-supported (or you buy it to get rid of ads). Firefox is totally free.

      Good luck
      GC