Re: [Simply Computers] Can't read hotmail with outlook express

  • Luís Sousa
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2002
      No way, I use this email too much. Beside that I tried creating a new
      hotmail account and then put it on outlook but it doesn't work either. The
      problem must be with outlook express itself or with the service itself. Does
      anyone know how can I uninstall outlook express and then reinstall it? After
      that if it still won't I'll contact the staff from hotmail.

    • Renegade600
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 1, 2002
        because it is so much to type, go to hotmail, click on help, under
        find, type accessing hotmail in outlook express and it will take you
        step by step. I was just there.

        I have heard rumors that pretty soon, you will no longer access
        hotmail accounts using other clients unless you subscribe to their
        paying service. I don't know how true it is but maybe...

        --- In simplycomputers2@y..., Luís Sousa <piz_quicksalvador@h...>

        Service.

      • Luís Sousa
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 1, 2002
          I dunno if it's exactly that, I'm translating from portuguese:

          "Este serviço não funciona actualmente com o outlook express.
          Detalhes:
          Configuração:
          Conta: Hotmail
          Servidor: http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp
          Nome de utilizador: piz_quicksalvador@...
          Protocolo: HTTPMail
          Porta: 0
          Secure(SSL): 0
          Código: 80042007"

          Translation:
          This service isn't currently working with outlook express.
          Details:
          Configuration:
          Account: Hotmail
          Server: http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp
          User Name: piz_quicksalvador@...
          Protocol: HTTPMail
          Port: 0
          Secure(SSL): 0
          Code: 80042007

          It's not easy to translate something like that even if you don't beleive it,
          there are dozens of ways of telling that in english. I can tell you some
          more if you want :p.

          >From: TwinkieStix <david@...>
          >To: simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [Simply Computers] Can't read hotmail with outlook express
          >Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 22:48:11 +0000
          >
          >Strangely, this error message isn't anywhere else on the millions of web
          >pages google has access to:
          >http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=%22This+service+is+not+available+for+outlook+express%22
          >
          >Are you sure that's the error you are getting exactly?
          >
          >--TwinkieStix
          >

          >Luís Sousa wrote:
          >
          > > It's exactly what I wrote: "This service is not available for outlook
          > > express.". Before, about, two weeks ago it was working fine but now it
          > > doesn't. I think it was because a virus some little bastard got into the
          > > computer, but I esinfected all the viruses and everything is working
          > > perfect
          > > except outlook. And hotmail is the only service that I can't read with
          > > outlook. I have an Yahoo mail account and I can access it. I use win
          > > 98 and
          > > outlook express 6.0 if it has anything to do with it.
          > >

          > > >From: TwinkieStix <david@...>
          > > >To: simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com
          > > >Subject: Re: [Simply Computers] Can't read hotmail with outlook express
          > > >Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 11:37:47 +0000
          > > >
          > > >What's the exact error message?
          > > >
          > > >--TwinkieStix

          Converse com seus amigos online, faça o download grátis do MSN Messenger:
          http://messenger.msn.com.br
        • Gene
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 1, 2002
            Luis,

            In OE6, click on "Tools" tab,
            Click on "Accounts" tab in the drop-down,
            Top right, click on "Add" tab,
            Click on "Mail" tab,
            Internet Connection Wizard comes up.
            Enter name you want to show on email, click on "Next",
            Enter your hotmail address (whatever@...), click on "Next",
            Leave settings on "HTTP" and "Hotmail", click on "Next",
            Enter your hotmail address (whatever@...),
            Enter your hotmail password,
            Check box for "remember password", click "next", Click "Finish".
            Now OE6 will ask you if you want to download the folders from the
            mail server you loaded. Click "Yes".

            In OE6, click on "Tools" tab,
            Click on "Accounts" tab in the drop-down,
            Click on "Mail" tab,
            Click on the new Hotmail account you created,
            on the right, click on "Properties" tab.
            Click on "Server" tab,
            It should say "my mail server is a HTTP server"
            The HTTP server address should be:
            http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp
            Check that you have entered your full Hotmail address (whatever@...)
            and password (password is case sensitive).
            Check box for "remember password", click "next", Click "Finish".

            Click on "Tools" tab,
            Click on "Options" tab in the drop-down,
            Check box for "check for new messages",
            Set minutes for how often you want it checked,
            Click "Apply", Click "OK".

            Gene
            List Owner/Moderator - Build_A_Computer
            A Technical Support Alliance Member
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Build_A_Computer/
            No way, I use this email too much. Beside that I tried creating a new
            hotmail account and then put it on outlook but it doesn't work either. The
            problem must be with outlook express itself or with the service itself. Does
            anyone know how can I uninstall outlook express and then reinstall it? After
            that if it still won't I'll contact the staff from hotmail.

            >From: "Anil Gupta" <guptaji40@...>
            >To: <simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com>
            >Subject: Re: [Simply Computers] Can't read hotmail with outlook express
            >Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 12:14:56 +0100
            >

            >hello
            >Why donot you try to delete the hotmail account and recreate it . I think
            >that it would work
            >Anil
            >

            >This e-mail message (including any attachments) is intended for the
            >addressee(s) only, and may contain confidential information. The
            >unauthorised use, disclosure or copying of this e-mail or any information
            >contained within it is strictly prohibited and may be illegal. If you are
            >not the intended recipient, please notify the author and delete this e-mail
            >immediately in its entirety. We cannot guarantee the security of any data
            >outside our own computer systems and therefore advises recipient companies
            >to carry out their own virus checks

            ---

          • Luis Sousa
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 3, 2002
              --- In simplycomputers2@y..., "Gene" <Build_A_Computer@G...> wrote:
              > Luis,
              >
              > In OE6, click on "Tools" tab,
              > Click on "Accounts" tab in the drop-down,
              > Top right, click on "Add" tab,
              > Click on "Mail" tab,
              > Internet Connection Wizard comes up.
              > Enter name you want to show on email, click on "Next",
              > Enter your hotmail address (whatever@h...), click on "Next",
              > Leave settings on "HTTP" and "Hotmail", click on "Next",
              > Enter your hotmail address (whatever@h...),
              > Enter your hotmail password,
              > Check box for "remember password", click "next", Click "Finish".
              > Now OE6 will ask you if you want to download the folders from the
              > mail server you loaded. Click "Yes".

              It's exactly here the error message appears. And personaly, I'm sick
              of that.