Re: Windows XP (regarding Rockwell HSF modemissue)

  • a499pchelp
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2002
      denim....if you can find a modem with an INTEL chipset the drivers
      work particularly well with XP and setup is a breeze. If you cant
      find one in your area contact me at www.499pc.com and you can get
      the modem for $10 since you are a member of this group.
      Thanks,
      Cheap Jim
      www.499pc.com

      --- In simplycomputers2@y..., denimsaint <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > I suppose i better get a new modem then, yeah i think its kinda
      > oudated already huh. I wish the trade-in price is still
      considerable
      > before it turns a curio lol!
      > Once again thanks for the inputs guys, i love this group :)
      >

      > --- In simplycomputers2@y..., "zand" <zand@s...> wrote:
      > > You can follow the Win2000 directions at http://www.vee90.net/
      on
      > the Init
      > > Strings tab in order to get to where you need to add an init
      > string in WinXP
      > >
      > > BTW... As I stated before (and seems to have been confirmed
      again)
      > this is a
      > > flaw in these generic Conexant drivers and usually the M0L0
      combo
      > fixes
      > > it...if not its an issue of actually turning the speaker volume
      > down in the
      > > volume control strip. Unfortunately Twinkie this modem (with
      > these
      > > drivers) does not often seem to like a command beginning with AT
      > unless it
      > > has an &F or &F1 or +?? command after it. I've had numerous
      > customers get a
      > > hardware failure out of ATM0 or some combo of that command
      that's
      > why I just
      > > suggested the init string without the AT.

      Rockwell
      > HSF
      > > modemissue)
      > >

      > > > The modem command:
      > > > ATM0 (that's a zero) - speaker always off or
      > > > ATM1 - speaker off after connected
      > > >
      > > > SHOULD fix the problem. You just need to add it to the modem
      > init
      > > > string. I don't use XP so does anybody know how to add to the
      > modem
      > > > init string in XP?
      > > >
      > > > --TwinkieStix
      > > >

      > > > On Fri, 2002-05-31 at 11:21, denimsaint wrote: Twinkie & Zand
      > > >
      > > > Yeah the harsh sound seemingly keep on roaring when connected
      > > > online, a flaw like Zand explained i believe. Therefore i
      simply
      > > > turn down my modem speaker volume.
      > > >
      > > > Thank you guys for all the attention and helps towards this
      > issue, i
      > > > really appreciate it

      > > > this
      > > > handshake and
      > these
      > > > drivers.
      > you'll
      > > > be able
      > > > obtain

      > that
      > > > can be
      > > > this issue.

      > modem
      > > > speaker
      > an
      > > > init string

      > M0L0
      > > > should
      > > > the init
      > > > (www.vee90.net) and

      > > > the sound
      > strip
      > > > and "mute"
      > under
      > > > the

      > probably
      > > > has a cable

      > > > the sound or

      > Service.
      > > >

      > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • CHUC-KAY
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2002
        thanks Cheap Jim... YOU ROCK.. now I understand RAM........ man that was like Ram for dummies..

        CHUCK