Re: NEW PC..

  • a499pchelp
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2002
      Chuck registered memory has a special circuit (buffer) to aid in
      moving data and is usually used in servers and high end workstations.

      here is a good write up on the differences:

      http://www.corsairmicro.com/main/trg-reg.html

      Thanks,

      Cheap Jim

      www.499pc.com

      --- In simplycomputers2@y..., CHUC-KAY <chuckays@y...> wrote:

      > Questions:
      >
      > Im looking at getting the A7V333 and pc2700 or A7V266 AND pc2100..
      >
      > two questions. is it worth it to get teh a7v33 and pc2700 for the
      couple more bucks

      > and whats the difference between registered Ram and
      Unregistered.... I would love to know whats better. even though i
      went to school for this stuff... I missed that class..

      > thanks
      >
      > CHUCK

    • a499pchelp
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2002
        denim....if you can find a modem with an INTEL chipset the drivers
        work particularly well with XP and setup is a breeze. If you cant
        find one in your area contact me at www.499pc.com and you can get
        the modem for $10 since you are a member of this group.
        Thanks,
        Cheap Jim
        www.499pc.com

        --- In simplycomputers2@y..., denimsaint <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > I suppose i better get a new modem then, yeah i think its kinda
        > oudated already huh. I wish the trade-in price is still
        considerable
        > before it turns a curio lol!
        > Once again thanks for the inputs guys, i love this group :)
        >

        > --- In simplycomputers2@y..., "zand" <zand@s...> wrote:
        > > You can follow the Win2000 directions at http://www.vee90.net/
        on
        > the Init
        > > Strings tab in order to get to where you need to add an init
        > string in WinXP
        > >
        > > BTW... As I stated before (and seems to have been confirmed
        again)
        > this is a
        > > flaw in these generic Conexant drivers and usually the M0L0
        combo
        > fixes
        > > it...if not its an issue of actually turning the speaker volume
        > down in the
        > > volume control strip. Unfortunately Twinkie this modem (with
        > these
        > > drivers) does not often seem to like a command beginning with AT
        > unless it
        > > has an &F or &F1 or +?? command after it. I've had numerous
        > customers get a
        > > hardware failure out of ATM0 or some combo of that command
        that's
        > why I just
        > > suggested the init string without the AT.

        Rockwell
        > HSF
        > > modemissue)
        > >

        > > > The modem command:
        > > > ATM0 (that's a zero) - speaker always off or
        > > > ATM1 - speaker off after connected
        > > >
        > > > SHOULD fix the problem. You just need to add it to the modem
        > init
        > > > string. I don't use XP so does anybody know how to add to the
        > modem
        > > > init string in XP?
        > > >
        > > > --TwinkieStix
        > > >

        > > > On Fri, 2002-05-31 at 11:21, denimsaint wrote: Twinkie & Zand
        > > >
        > > > Yeah the harsh sound seemingly keep on roaring when connected
        > > > online, a flaw like Zand explained i believe. Therefore i
        simply
        > > > turn down my modem speaker volume.
        > > >
        > > > Thank you guys for all the attention and helps towards this
        > issue, i
        > > > really appreciate it

        > > > this
        > > > handshake and
        > these
        > > > drivers.
        > you'll
        > > > be able
        > > > obtain

        > that
        > > > can be
        > > > this issue.

        > modem
        > > > speaker
        > an
        > > > init string

        > M0L0
        > > > should
        > > > the init
        > > > (www.vee90.net) and

        > > > the sound
        > strip
        > > > and "mute"
        > under
        > > > the

        > probably
        > > > has a cable

        > > > the sound or

        > Service.
        > > >

        > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • CHUC-KAY
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2002
          thanks Cheap Jim... YOU ROCK.. now I understand RAM........ man that was like Ram for dummies..

          CHUCK