Re: [Simply Computers] IP configuration error?

  • Justin Wyllys
    Message 1 of 8 , May 31, 2002
      OK, here is how to fix it. I know how, and have done this many times before.

      Steps:
      1. Turn off your computer.
      2. UNPLUG (not turn off) Your cable modem, router, and any other things connected to your network.
      3. Wait 1 minute (no less)
      4. Plug your cable modem back in
      5. Wait UNTIL the cable light stops flashing.
      6. Turn your computer on
      7. Check your IP, it should be the correct one.
      8. If not correct IP, THEN you go to IP Config and do release/renew

      If the problem still continues, then have a time
      warner technician come out to your house, they
      can fix it usually in an hour or less, for free, and
      you should be up and running in a few hours.

      ~ Justin Wyllys