Re: Win7 Pro upgrand declined by Win 7 Home Premium

  • BARRY
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 8, 2013
      No, their both 64bit

      --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, "RogerX19" <helpmeroger@...> wrote:

      > You didn't happen to download the 64 bit version and are trying to upgrade a 32 bit version, are you?
      >
      > That won't work.
      >
      > Otherwise, you might find something interesting here:
      >
      > http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd772579(v=ws.10).aspx
      >
      > rogerX
      >
      > --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, "BARRY" <sfvtrainer@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Purchased Win7 Pro upgrade from MS and download Ok but wont install as upgrade, says I need to select the clean install option which will del all programs & files. Why wont it accept its own upgrade? Options?
      > > Thanx
      > > Barry

    • spud
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 8, 2013
        Do the clean install.. It always works better anyways .

        --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, "BARRY" <sfvtrainer@...> wrote:

        > Purchased Win7 Pro upgrade from MS and download Ok but wont install as upgrade, says I need to select the clean install option which will del all programs & files. Why wont it accept its own upgrade? Options?
        > Thanx
        > Barry

      • Vincent Winterling
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 8, 2013
          If it tells you it needs a clean install that's what I would do.

          Why Microsoft does what it does is known only to them.

          You can't go wrong with a clean install. It's labor intensive to reinstall
          everything but it's generally the preferred route to avoid problems in the
          long run.

          Vincent Winterling
          Vineland, NJ