Re: Standby Problem

  • mgandtherays
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 27 9:11 AM
      I had a similar issue in the last couple weeks. Did you happen to swap your RAM around? In my case I swaped/relocated RAM into different slots (1 & 3 into 2 & 4, and vise-versa). System posted up fine, but Windows power-management wasn't happy.

      --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, "Niel" <ralphspud@...> wrote:

      > The hard drive failed on my Dell Optiplex GX620. I installed Win XP Pro SP3 in a good drive following Dell's instructions for installing all the drivers. Everything seemed to work fine to work fine until I installed the video driver in order to have hibernate/standby capabilities. The return from standby doesn't work. All I get is a black screen.
      >
      > I had the exact same problem in a Dell Dimension 8300 several years ago. Nothing I tried would solve the problem. I ended up giving the computer away.
      >
      > Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    • Niel
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 28 12:03 PM
        There are several different lists of drivers from Dell. I finally resolved the standby return problem by finding a later release of the video driver. I used to have tremendous respect for Dell. But they seem to have deteriorated in recent years.