[Simply Computers] Re: Windows 7 Pro Product Key

  • spud
    Message 1 of 30 , May 1, 2012
      I can tell you.. There is NO way this place can be LEGIT !!!!

      --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, "Roy Hooper" <reh77777@...> wrote:

      > Has anyone else tried this service? They have outstanding prices for MS's
      > OS's. These products seem to be the retail version (not OEM) with support
      > from Microsoft. I cannot find any customer support or other way to ask
      > questions. They claim to sell valid keys, but apparently they do not send
      > one of the stickers that goes on the back of the computer.
      >
      > Roy
      >

      > www.superword.co.uk <http://www.superword.co.uk/>
      >

      > --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:simplycomputers2%40yahoogroups.com> , "V N" <purplecloud38@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > I got a used laptop with windows 7 to try to learn it. I opened it up one
      > day and it said it was not a Valid windows as I did not enter the product
      > Key in 30 days. Could not read the Product Key, just 2 letters or numbers
      > were worn.
      > > What to do? Find a Product Key. I spent time searching and finally found
      > where to get one for $30.00 and they sent it to me so I put it in and it
      > works.
      > > www.superword.co.uk
      > > Had not seen this problem here so just passing this on. Val

    • Purplecloud38
      Message 2 of 30 , May 2, 2012
        I got a used laptop with windows 7 to try to learn it. I opened it up one day and it said it was not a Valid windows as I did not enter the product Key in 30 days. Could not read the Product Key, just 2 letters or numbers were worn.
        What to do? Find a Product Key. I spent time searching and finally found where to get one for $35.00 and they sent it to me so I put it in and it works.
        www.superword. co.uk
        Had not seen this problem here so just passing this on. Val

        I will try this again.  I had no trouble contacting them for a windoes 7 Product Key.  Val in Chehalis, Wa

         www.superword.co.uk Add to contacts

        Message 3 of 30 , May 2, 2012
          Did you not read my other message where I said that cant't be legit ????????????????

          --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, Purplecloud38 <purplecloud38@...> wrote:

          > I got a used laptop with windows 7 to try to learn it. I opened it up one day and it said it was not a Valid windows as I did not enter the product Key in 30 days. Could not read the Product Key, just 2 letters or numbers were worn.
          > What to do? Find a Product Key. I spent time searching and finally found where to get one for $35.00 and they sent it to me so I put it in and it works.
          > www.superword. co.uk
          > Had not seen this problem here so just passing this on. Val
          >
          > I will try this again.  I had no trouble contacting them for a windoes 7 Product Key.  Val in Chehalis, Wa
          >
          >  www.superword.co.uk Add to contacts

        • IKnowComputers
          Message 4 of 30 , May 2, 2012
            Got it to work, had to remove the spaces in the url.

            --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, "Roy Hooper" <reh77777@...> wrote:

            > It worked for me. I cut and pasted the link into the browser and it worked.
            > Very interesting site.
            >
            > Roy
            >
            > www.superword.co.uk <http://www.superword.co.uk/>
            >

            > _____

          • waltmatheus
            Message 5 of 30 , May 3, 2012
              Access to the superword site(link deleted by me) initiates the following warning/intervention from Malwarebytes: Successfully blocked access to potentially malicious website: 117.21.224.xxx - Type: outgoing (xxx in place of last digits).

              > > "V N" <purplecloud38@ wrote:
              > > >
              > > > I got a used laptop with windows 7 to try to learn it. I opened it up one
              > > day and it said it was not a Valid windows as I did not enter the product
              > > Key in 30 days. Could not read the Product Key, just 2 letters or numbers
              > > were worn.
              > > > What to do? Find a Product Key. I spent time searching and finally found
              > > where to get one for $30.00 and they sent it to me so I put it in and it
              > > works.
              > > > Had not seen this problem here so just passing this on. Val
            • hagie
              Message 6 of 30 , May 3, 2012
                I dunno folks - I went to site and it seems pretty legit to me. I want to upgrade to Win 7 Ult so I can also run XP on this machine (why? dunno that either but it seems like a good idea). The thing is, these people take paypal and are paypal verified so - I have NEVER failed to not get my money back from paypal. I think I am gonna try the upgrade and will let the group know how it works out.
                Regards to All,
                hagie

                --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, "spud" <grandamfirebird@...> wrote:

                > Did you not read my other message where I said that cant't be legit ????????????????
                >

                > --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, Purplecloud38 <purplecloud38@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I got a used laptop with windows 7 to try to learn it. I opened it up one day and it said it was not a Valid windows as I did not enter the product Key in 30 days. Could not read the Product Key, just 2 letters or numbers were worn.
                > > What to do? Find a Product Key. I spent time searching and finally found where to get one for $35.00 and they sent it to me so I put it in and it works.
                > > www.superword. co.uk
                > > Had not seen this problem here so just passing this on. Val
                > >
                > > I will try this again.  I had no trouble contacting them for a windoes 7 Product Key.  Val in Chehalis, Wa
                > >
                > >  www.superword.co.uk Add to contacts

              • C. Michael Stone
                Message 7 of 30 , May 3, 2012
                  If you bought the software to upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate you must already have the product key...or is this another install of a previous install?

                  Mike Stone

                  I dunno folks - I went to site and it seems pretty legit to me. I want to upgrade to Win 7 Ult so I can also run XP on this machine (why? dunno that either but it seems like a good idea). The thing is, these people take paypal and are paypal verified so - I have NEVER failed to not get my money back from paypal. I think I am gonna try the upgrade and will let the group know how it works out.
                  Regards to All,
                  hagie

                  --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, "spud" <grandamfirebird@...> wrote:

                  > Did you not read my other message where I said that cant't be legit ????????????????
                  >

                  > --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, Purplecloud38 <purplecloud38@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I got a used laptop with windows 7 to try to learn it. I opened it up one day and it said it was not a Valid windows as I did not enter the product Key in 30 days. Could not read the Product Key, just 2 letters or numbers were worn.
                  > > What to do? Find a Product Key. I spent time searching and finally found where to get one for $35.00 and they sent it to me so I put it in and it works.
                  > > www.superword. co.uk
                  > > Had not seen this problem here so just passing this on. Val
                  > >
                  > > I will try this again. I had no trouble contacting them for a windoes 7 Product Key. Val in Chehalis, Wa
                  > >
                  > > www.superword.co.uk Add to contacts

                • spud
                  Message 8 of 30 , May 3, 2012
                    OK. But don't say I did not warn you. I work on computers every day, If it sounds to good to be true.......... well you know the rest of the story . MS does not sell keys. MS does not provide a legal ISO of Windows ... IT may work for awhile..But you will get black listed via windows updates sooner or later .

                    You can buy a legal Windows 7 @ Newegg for less than 100.00 ..

                    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&N=-1&isNodeId=1&Description=windows+7+oem&x=0&y=0

                    --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, "hagie" <kwhagie@...> wrote:

                    > I dunno folks - I went to site and it seems pretty legit to me. I want to upgrade to Win 7 Ult so I can also run XP on this machine (why? dunno that either but it seems like a good idea). The thing is, these people take paypal and are paypal verified so - I have NEVER failed to not get my money back from paypal. I think I am gonna try the upgrade and will let the group know how it works out.
                    > Regards to All,
                    > hagie
                    >
                    > --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, "spud" <grandamfirebird@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Did you not read my other message where I said that cant't be legit ????????????????
                    > >

                    > > --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, Purplecloud38 <purplecloud38@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > I got a used laptop with windows 7 to try to learn it. I opened it up one day and it said it was not a Valid windows as I did not enter the product Key in 30 days. Could not read the Product Key, just 2 letters or numbers were worn.
                    > > > What to do? Find a Product Key. I spent time searching and finally found where to get one for $35.00 and they sent it to me so I put it in and it works.
                    > > > www.superword. co.uk
                    > > > Had not seen this problem here so just passing this on. Val
                    > > >
                    > > > I will try this again.  I had no trouble contacting them for a windoes 7 Product Key.  Val in Chehalis, Wa
                    > > >
                    > > >  www.superword.co.uk Add to contacts

                  • RogerX19
                    Message 9 of 30 , May 3, 2012
                      Just because it "seems legit" to you does not mean that it is.

                      If you're going to engage in software piracy, perhaps you should not broadcast it in Groups like this.

                      rogerX

                      --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, "hagie" <kwhagie@...> wrote:

                      > I dunno folks - I went to site and it seems pretty legit to me. I want to upgrade to Win 7 Ult so I can also run XP on this machine (why? dunno that either but it seems like a good idea). The thing is, these people take paypal and are paypal verified so - I have NEVER failed to not get my money back from paypal. I think I am gonna try the upgrade and will let the group know how it works out.
                      > Regards to All,
                      > hagie
                      >
                      > --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, "spud" <grandamfirebird@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Did you not read my other message where I said that cant't be legit ????????????????
                      > >

                      > > --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, Purplecloud38 <purplecloud38@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > I got a used laptop with windows 7 to try to learn it. I opened it up one day and it said it was not a Valid windows as I did not enter the product Key in 30 days. Could not read the Product Key, just 2 letters or numbers were worn.
                      > > > What to do? Find a Product Key. I spent time searching and finally found where to get one for $35.00 and they sent it to me so I put it in and it works.
                      > > > www.superword. co.uk
                      > > > Had not seen this problem here so just passing this on. Val
                      > > >
                      > > > I will try this again.  I had no trouble contacting them for a windoes 7 Product Key.  Val in Chehalis, Wa
                      > > >
                      > > >  www.superword.co.uk Add to contacts

                    • spud
                      Message 10 of 30 , May 3, 2012
                        I use 2 rules of thumb :
                        If they do not have a phone number........ Or any support.. These 2 are a reaon not to deal with them .

                        --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, "Roy Hooper" <reh77777@...> wrote:

                        > Has anyone else tried this service? They have outstanding prices for MS's
                        > OS's. These products seem to be the retail version (not OEM) with support
                        > from Microsoft. I cannot find any customer support or other way to ask
                        > questions. They claim to sell valid keys, but apparently they do not send
                        > one of the stickers that goes on the back of the computer.
                        >
                        > Roy
                        >

                        > www.superword.co.uk <http://www.superword.co.uk/>
                        >

                        > --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com
                        > <mailto:simplycomputers2%40yahoogroups.com> , "V N" <purplecloud38@>
                        > wrote:
                        > >
                        > > I got a used laptop with windows 7 to try to learn it. I opened it up one
                        > day and it said it was not a Valid windows as I did not enter the product
                        > Key in 30 days. Could not read the Product Key, just 2 letters or numbers
                        > were worn.
                        > > What to do? Find a Product Key. I spent time searching and finally found
                        > where to get one for $30.00 and they sent it to me so I put it in and it
                        > works.
                        > > www.superword.co.uk
                        > > Had not seen this problem here so just passing this on. Val

                      • Roy Hooper
                        Message 11 of 30 , May 3, 2012
                          Yes, sounds fishy to me.

                          Roy

                          _____

                          <mailto:simplycomputers2%40yahoogroups.com> , "Roy Hooper" <reh77777@...>

                          Message 12 of 30 , May 3, 2012
                            As usual - the group is correct. The site is a scam - they don't do paypal - have no contact page and it's just a whole lot of smoke and mirrors to trap the really retarded. Whoever started this tale of woe and offered this site as a solution is probably part of the scam. Rip off - just another scam.
                            Regards to all (sans this scammer)
                            hagie

                            Message 13 of 30 , May 4, 2012
                              Hagie............... I am glad you did not get stung by them.

                              Message 14 of 30 , May 4, 2012
                                Yep just another scam - and another scammer with a game...... I've seen this one before AND BAILED!!!!!
                                hagie

                                --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, "hagie" <kwhagie@...> wrote:

                                > I dunno folks - I went to site and it seems pretty legit to me. I want to upgrade to Win 7 Ult so I can also run XP on this machine (why? dunno that either but it seems like a good idea). The thing is, these people take paypal and are paypal verified so - I have NEVER failed to not get my money back from paypal. I think I am gonna try the upgrade and will let the group know how it works out.
                                > Regards to All,
                                > hagie
                                >
                                > --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, "spud" <grandamfirebird@> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > Did you not read my other message where I said that cant't be legit ????????????????
                                > >

                                > > --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, Purplecloud38 <purplecloud38@> wrote:
                                > > >
                                > > > I got a used laptop with windows 7 to try to learn it. I opened it up one day and it said it was not a Valid windows as I did not enter the product Key in 30 days. Could not read the Product Key, just 2 letters or numbers were worn.
                                > > > What to do? Find a Product Key. I spent time searching and finally found where to get one for $35.00 and they sent it to me so I put it in and it works.
                                > > > www.superword. co.uk
                                > > > Had not seen this problem here so just passing this on. Val
                                > > >
                                > > > I will try this again.  I had no trouble contacting them for a windoes 7 Product Key.  Val in Chehalis, Wa
                                > > >
                                > > >  www.superword.co.uk Add to contacts

                              • Purplecloud38
                                Message 15 of 30 , May 4, 2012
                                  You people are not kind or polite.  I appologize for the trouble I have put you thru.  V

                                • Purplecloud38
                                  Message 16 of 30 , May 4, 2012
                                    I thought this was a place to learn about computers?
                                    You have all bashed me for posting this. V

                                  • Ardell Faul
                                    Message 17 of 30 , May 4, 2012
                                      We are not all that way. You have run into the Microsoft Police. They
                                      are everywhere. Microsoft has designed their EULA with language that
                                      makes everyone a criminal, unless you can prove otherwise. Money has
                                      power, and Microsoft has plenty, and they use it to make sure you are
                                      not depriving them of a buck or two.

                                      If you think this is rude, try selling a computer on Ebay with some
                                      cracked software on it. I guarantee that within 24 hours, Microsoft
                                      will have spotted it and gotten Ebay to unceremoniously remove your
                                      listing.

                                      That is why many of us support open source software like Ubuntu for an
                                      operating system, and Open Office for your Office products.

                                      Ardell Faul
                                      Computer Monitor Service Inc.
                                      Ardell's Laptop and PC Repair
                                      10816 E. Mission Ave.,
                                      Spokane Valley, Wa. 99206
                                      ardell@...
                                      509-891-5188

                                    • RayMead@cfl.rr.com
                                      Message 18 of 30 , May 4, 2012
                                        You will learn plenty about computers on this site, I have found it
                                        better than company tech support, but you must tread very carefully
                                        about things that may be a little suspect.
                                        I have learn't from this group that there are many anti-virus and anti
                                        maleware programs for free, that are as good if not better than the
                                        Norton's of this world.

                                        Message 19 of 30 , May 4, 2012
                                          I hope no one thinks I am MS police. LOL>
                                          I just knew that site was a scam. A ton of them come and go . I just did not want to see anyone get ripped off .

                                          --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, Ardell Faul <ardell@...> wrote:

                                          > We are not all that way. You have run into the Microsoft Police. They
                                          > are everywhere. Microsoft has designed their EULA with language that
                                          > makes everyone a criminal, unless you can prove otherwise. Money has
                                          > power, and Microsoft has plenty, and they use it to make sure you are
                                          > not depriving them of a buck or two.
                                          >
                                          > If you think this is rude, try selling a computer on Ebay with some
                                          > cracked software on it. I guarantee that within 24 hours, Microsoft
                                          > will have spotted it and gotten Ebay to unceremoniously remove your
                                          > listing.
                                          >
                                          > That is why many of us support open source software like Ubuntu for an
                                          > operating system, and Open Office for your Office products.
                                          >
                                          > Ardell Faul
                                          > Computer Monitor Service Inc.
                                          > Ardell's Laptop and PC Repair
                                          > 10816 E. Mission Ave.,
                                          > Spokane Valley, Wa. 99206
                                          > ardell@...
                                          > 509-891-5188
                                          >

                                          > On 5/4/2012 1:46 PM, Purplecloud38 wrote:
                                          > >
                                          > > I thought this was a place to learn about computers?
                                          > > You have all bashed me for posting this. V

                                        • Bill Aycock
                                          Message 20 of 30 , May 4, 2012
                                            V--
                                            You appeared to be trying to do something illegal, and people resented it.
                                            Bill

                                            Message 21 of 30 , May 4, 2012
                                              resented it ??? Who ???

                                              Message 22 of 30 , May 4, 2012
                                                I've been re-reading the responses that we all posted to your question, and I can't see anywhere that anyone "bashed" you for posting this!

                                                I do see a number of posts that the site you mentioned cannot be a legitimate outlet for Microsoft products, which more than one person told you.

                                                I do see where one of us did not think you were listening to his warning about the website you mentioned.

                                                Please keep in mind that email, and typing in Groups like this, is not the best form of communication.

                                                I have been reading the postings of people in this Group for some time, and if you feel that people were "bashing" you, then perhaps it's just the way you interpreted their comments, and not what they intended.

                                                Sorry if some of us hurt your feelings .. it was not intentional, at least not on my part ...

                                                rogerX

                                                Message 23 of 30 , May 4, 2012
                                                  Spud--
                                                  You may have put a different interpretation on the many negative posts I
                                                  have read. Many were trying to warn, but many seemed otherwise, to me.
                                                  Bill--W4BSG

                                                  >> You appeared to be trying to do something illegal, and people resented
                                                  >> it.
                                                  >> Bill

                                                • spud
                                                  Message 24 of 30 , May 4, 2012
                                                    rogerX
                                                    I agree. I had no intent to bash anyone either.. I just hate it when people get stung from a URL that was mentioned here in this thread .

                                                    Message 25 of 30 , May 4, 2012
                                                      Thanks Bill. I think we both think alike.

                                                      --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Aycock" <billaycock@...> wrote:

                                                      > Spud--
                                                      > You may have put a different interpretation on the many negative posts I
                                                      > have read. Many were trying to warn, but many seemed otherwise, to me.
                                                      > Bill--W4BSG

                                                    • IKnowComputers
                                                      Message 26 of 30 , May 5, 2012
                                                        Wow, you are sure quick to lump everyone in the group as the same. You might want to stay around a little longer to find out about our different personalities.

                                                        I for one don't mind using cracked (illegal software). But I don't just haphazardly use any and all software. If you read an earlier post of mine I stated that I use a bootleg (illegal) copy of Windows to install the XP Pro version. Then I use the key changer provided by MS to make it a legal copy. I was grilled by others from the group but it is all good.

                                                        What you need to keep in mind is that this company is selling you keys that MS has NOT given permission to sell. If they sell you and only you a number (highly unlikely) then you will have no problem. But if they sell the same number to a large number of people at some point MS will blacklist that number. And then you won't be able to get updates and other software from MS until you change to a valid number. If MS didn't do this there would be no incentive for people to buy their software. Everyone would just buy a bootleg copy and get a serial number from someone other than MS.