Slowing down a video file

  • sheffield181
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2012
      There is a TV show episode that apparently runs at half speed, though the sound runs at full speed. Therefore the two are totally out of synch. Unfortunately it seems to be the only version available.

      I should like to have a go at repairing it. Separating the sound and video are straightforward - I've done it before with Any Video Converter. The follow up question, before I commit myself to downloading, is how to slow down and save the video and then join the sound and video again.

      Can anyone recommend a program that can do this please?

    • Brendan Kelly
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2012
        I've used avidemux before, and it's really useful (and free)
        http://avidemux.org/

        They have forums and wikis, and it's pretty popular so any help won't be
        too far away. I would suggest keeping a copy of it before you attempt to
        fix it :)

        Hope this helps.

        2012/1/2 sheffield181 <sheffield181@...>

        > **
        >

        > There is a TV show episode that apparently runs at half speed, though the
        > sound runs at full speed. Therefore the two are totally out of synch.
        > Unfortunately it seems to be the only version available.
        >
        > I should like to have a go at repairing it. Separating the sound and video
        > are straightforward - I've done it before with Any Video Converter. The
        > follow up question, before I commit myself to downloading, is how to slow
        > down and save the video and then join the sound and video again.
        >
        > Can anyone recommend a program that can do this please?

      • waltmatheus
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2012
          There are a number of methods shown in a Google search for sync audio to video.

          For instance: Synchronize AVI audio and video
          http://www.marcofolio.net/how_to/synchronize_avi_audio_and_video.html
          http://tinyurl.com/yk9op6u

          --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, "sheffield181" <sheffield181@...> wrote:

          > There is a TV show episode that apparently runs at half speed, though the sound runs at full speed. Therefore the two are totally out of synch. Unfortunately it seems to be the only version available.
          >
          > I should like to have a go at repairing it. Separating the sound and video are straightforward - I've done it before with Any Video Converter. The follow up question, before I commit myself to downloading, is how to slow down and save the video and then join the sound and video again.
          >
          > Can anyone recommend a program that can do this please?

        • David Ron
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 2, 2012
            It sounds like the file header is corrupt. A decent media player should
            handle that properly. If you are using Windows Media Player, you might
            consider using VLC to play the video instead. VLC is much better than
            anything I've ever used, especially when the file is broken.

            -David

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 4, 2012
              Thanks. the link invited me to download VirtualDub, which did the job perfectly. Although there are a lot of critical comments it worked for me.

              Sorry for the delay in replying - it was a smallish file but still took a long time to download.