RE: [Simply Computers] McAfee won't go away

  • Jerry Gmail
    Message 1 of 50 , Sep 30, 2009
      This would have been my first shot this evening BUT I guess that the neighbor lost his patience or confidence in me and loaded avg right over the top of anything already in place on his computer. It looks like avg loaded and is running so I returned home with no additional data. If I ever get involved with something like this again, I will know that you cannot remove McAfee until you activate it. We were so concerned about viruses that the first thing we did was to attempt to install the Kaspersky. When it said that in order to continue we needed to remove McAfee, that was the next step. Or so we thought.

      I wish that his unit would have come with a book, cd, floppy disk, or anything that might have warned us. The real lesson here is to study the book before you attack but what if you have zero book?

      Google Jer
      Woodhaven, Mi

      Message 50 of 50 , Oct 10, 2009
        I've used this from MajorGeeks with great success.

        http://majorgeeks.com/AV_Uninstaller_d4601.html