Re: Monitor with one jack for power/video/audio???

  • R. Carter
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 31, 2009
      Thanks for the charts. They'll come in handy in the future, but right now they don't match up to what I've got. Here's a link to the image:

      https://tstlab4.dfci.harvard.edu/port.jpg

      Thanks,
      -Chris

      --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, babaluscan <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > No attachments are allowed in this group. Find your gadget's appropriate image in one of these two charts and reply to this message with its proper name,
      > (http://www.iron.k12.ut.us/tech/Cables/CableConnections.htm)
      > (http://www.makeuseof.com/dir/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/hardware-chart1.png)
      >
      > --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, Ray Carter <cf066@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hey,
      > >
      > > I got my hands on a Fujitsu 17" LCD monitor with speakers that someone in my building was throwing out (the foreign students throw everything out before moving home) but it baffles me because it has only one cable, apparently for everything. There are no other ports on this thing. Anyone ever hear of such a connector? I've searched on the model number (cp196497-01) but it's of Japanese origin and all the results are in Japanese, so I can't understand them.
      > >
      > > I know a few people who would love to have this if there were some kind of converter box available, but I can't search for it without knowing the connector type.
      > >
      > > Any help would be appreciated.
      > >
      > > Here's a picture of the connector.
      > >
      > > Thanks.

    • babaluscan
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 1, 2009
        I don't recognize it. If it's to be found, it has to be here, (http://www.cablesdirect.com/connector.asp). Notice the additional categories on the left hand side of the page.

        --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, "R. Carter" <cf066@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for the charts. They'll come in handy in the future, but right now they don't match up to what I've got. Here's a link to the image:
        >
        > https://tstlab4.dfci.harvard.edu/port.jpg
        >

        > Thanks,
        > -Chris
        >
        > --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, babaluscan <no_reply@> wrote:
        > >
        > > No attachments are allowed in this group. Find your gadget's appropriate image in one of these two charts and reply to this message with its proper name,
        > > (http://www.iron.k12.ut.us/tech/Cables/CableConnections.htm)
        > > (http://www.makeuseof.com/dir/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/hardware-chart1.png)
        > >
        > > --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, Ray Carter <cf066@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hey,
        > > >
        > > > I got my hands on a Fujitsu 17" LCD monitor with speakers that someone in my building was throwing out (the foreign students throw everything out before moving home) but it baffles me because it has only one cable, apparently for everything. There are no other ports on this thing. Anyone ever hear of such a connector? I've searched on the model number (cp196497-01) but it's of Japanese origin and all the results are in Japanese, so I can't understand them.
        > > >
        > > > I know a few people who would love to have this if there were some kind of converter box available, but I can't search for it without knowing the connector type.
        > > >
        > > > Any help would be appreciated.
        > > >
        > > > Here's a picture of the connector.
        > > >
        > > > Thanks.

      • Ardell Faul
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 1, 2009
          YOu have a proprietary monitor that is designed to work only with the
          computer it is sold with. Sony did a similar thing with their
          PCVA-15XTAP monitor.
          http://www.lumenlab.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1920 You could
          probably make it work by analyzing the internal cable copnnections but
          unless you have a schematic and understand the DVI video standard
          connections, it will be a daunting task.

          Ardell Faul
          Computer Monitor Service Inc.
          Ardell's Laptop and PC Repair
          10816 E. Mission Ave.,
          Spokane Valley, Wa. 99206
          ardell@...
          509-891-5188

          R. Carter wrote:

          > Thanks for the charts. They'll come in handy in the future, but right
          > now they don't match up to what I've got. Here's a link to the image:
          >
          > https://tstlab4.dfci.harvard.edu/port.jpg
          > <https://tstlab4.dfci.harvard.edu/port.jpg>
          >
          > Thanks,
          > -Chris
          >
          > --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:simplycomputers2%40yahoogroups.com>, babaluscan <no_reply@...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > No attachments are allowed in this group. Find your gadget's
          > appropriate image in one of these two charts and reply to this message
          > with its proper name,
          > > (http://www.iron.k12.ut.us/tech/Cables/CableConnections.htm
          > <http://www.iron.k12.ut.us/tech/Cables/CableConnections.htm>)
          > >
          > (http://www.makeuseof.com/dir/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/hardware-chart1.png
          > <http://www.makeuseof.com/dir/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/hardware-chart1.png>)
          > >
          > > --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:simplycomputers2%40yahoogroups.com>, Ray Carter <cf066@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hey,
          > > >
          > > > I got my hands on a Fujitsu 17" LCD monitor with speakers that
          > someone in my building was throwing out (the foreign students throw
          > everything out before moving home) but it baffles me because it has
          > only one cable, apparently for everything. There are no other ports on
          > this thing. Anyone ever hear of such a connector? I've searched on the
          > model number (cp196497-01) but it's of Japanese origin and all the
          > results are in Japanese, so I can't understand them.
          > > >
          > > > I know a few people who would love to have this if there were some
          > kind of converter box available, but I can't search for it without
          > knowing the connector type.
          > > >
          > > > Any help would be appreciated.
          > > >
          > > > Here's a picture of the connector.
          > > >
          > > > Thanks.

        • R. Carter
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 3, 2009
            Thanks. Apparently it's a DVI-FJ30. There are converter boxes available but so far I've only found them in Japan. The search continues. I was going to give this monitor to someone else, so if they want it, I guess they'll have to buy the box.