Re: Voice recognition to printable computer text

  • eddchen1
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2009
      --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, Tom Appich <netling@...> wrote:

      > Dragon Dictate is probably the best. It is not perfect by any means,
      > and it takes regular training, but it is faster than typing and helps a
      > lot if you have a condition such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (I have a
      > minor case of it in one hand, and this program makes a huge difference
      > when I have a lot of typing to do). One caveat: proof-read the output
      > carefully. The program's mistakes will be "real" words and thus will
      > not be picked up by spell or grammar checkers in most cases.
      >
      > eddchen1 wrote:
      > > I would like recommendations for a reliable program at low or no cost which will convert voice into printable text, like WORD.
      > > I have Windows Xp Pro. Would appreciate hearing from actual users.
      > > Thanks.
      > >
      > >Thanks, Tom I'll look into it

      > > Visit Simply Computers Tech Support Group and Helpdesk (24x7). Providing 100% free Computer Tech Support since 1999. With over 12,000 members Simply Computers is one of the largest and most active Tech Support Forums on the Internet.
      > >
      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • babaluscan
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2009
        Have a look at "Say-Now", (http://www.say-now.com/index.htm).

        Their page says, "Our intent in developing this product was to supplement your ability to command and control your computer through your voice. It's Free! That's right. You can download it with over 100 built-in commands and begin using it today and forever at no cost. If you wish to add, edit, or delete commands from Say-Now, you will need to purchase a license ($14) to activate that part of the code."

        tomás