Re: [Simply Computers] keyboard error

  • David Ron
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31 2:05 AM
      Since you already have the keyboard and mouse, it probably wouldn't hurt to give it a shot. If it helps, then you know the problem was either the old mouse or the old keyboard. If it doesn't work (and assuming the new ones work) then you can at least remove the old mouse and keyboard from the list of potential problems.

      --Ratamacue

      --

      This email and any files included with it may contain privileged,
      proprietary and/or confidential information that is for the sole use
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2009
        A keyboard error can be anything from a stuck key to a missing keyboard.
        Since you were able to press F1 to continue, we know the keyboard is
        partially working. With the information supplied, that is about as far
        as I can go. It couldn't hurt to reseat the keyboard plug.

        You can press each key down and wiggle it for a couple of seconds or you
        can just take the plunge and plug in the new keyboard. Then you will get
        the answer to your question about the new keyboard solving your problem.
        When you really don't know, you have to carefully use trial and error.

        Dragonfly

        Linda wrote:

        > I'm having a problem with my Dell desktop computer that I've never had
        > before today, I run windows xp on it. When I turned it on today it
        > wouldn't start up as usual. I got a message saying that there was a
        > keyboard error and to click either f1 or f2 as options. I clicked f1
        > and it slowly started up. I used the computer ok for a while then the
        > mouse just froze up..had to turn it of the 'bad' way by just turning
        > it off at the switch, I restarted and got the same keyboard error.
        > This has happened several times today, Right now, the screensaver is
        > showing on the desktop but I can't get anything else to work. What do
        > I need to do to fix this problem, or do I need to get a professional
        > to fix it? I do have a new keyboard with wireless mouse that was a
        > gift, but I have never installed it..the one that came with the
        > computer workrd fine until today,,and my motto is don't fix it if it
        > isn't broken,,well, it's broken now. Will installing the new keybord
        > solve my problem? Help, please. thanks, Linda

      • iceshadow44
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2009