Re: [Simply Computers] No network connection after repair install

  • Fast Dragon
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 1, 2008
      I should have asked you to check Device Manager for the big yellow
      question mark and network devices installed in your machine. Is there
      any chance you have a built-in network card and a network card in the
      machine (two network connections)?

      Why don't you use the second XP install?

      Dragonfly

    • trott3r@fastmail.fm
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 2, 2008
        Yes i have built in NIC no addon network cards in a PCI slot.
        there are no yellow exclams in the dev manager.

        I use different installs to repair other Oses when its required
        and also to have separate security software installed etc

        I have decided to format and reinstall as its seems the os is
        in a complete mess.

        Martin N

        trott3r@...

        --
        http://www.fastmail.fm - And now for something completely differentÂ…
      • davenpb52405
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 7, 2008
          after windows install follows the motherboard CD driver install so
          the dev manager can properly initialize the devices other wise it is
          using a generic windows device file with default values. in the mobo
          CD you will find a more current if not most suitable driver and
          miniapp to run the built in device

          --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, trott3r@... wrote:

          > Yes i have built in NIC no addon network cards in a PCI slot.
          > there are no yellow exclams in the dev manager.
          >
          > I use different installs to repair other Oses when its required
          > and also to have separate security software installed etc
          >
          > I have decided to format and reinstall as its seems the os is
          > in a complete mess.
          >
          > Martin N
          >

          > On Mon, 01 Dec 2008 00:29:56 -0800, "Fast Dragon"
          > <fastdragonfly@...> said:
          > > I should have asked you to check Device Manager for the big
          yellow
          > > question mark and network devices installed in your machine. Is
          there
          > > any chance you have a built-in network card and a network card in
          the
          > > machine (two network connections)?
          > >
          > > Why don't you use the second XP install?
          > >
          > > Dragonfly
          > >

          > > trott3r@... wrote:
          > > >
          > > > No rebooting does not clear up the problem.
          > > >
          > > > The Network works fine in my second xp install on the same pc.
          > > >
          > > > I have tried removing the drivers and rebooting but still no
          better.

          > > > I have the latest drivers since its a month old build.
          > > >
          > > > Martin N

          If you
          > > > can
          If not
          > > > try

          > > Visit Simply Computers Tech Support Group and Helpdesk (24x7).
          Providing
          > > 100% free Computer Tech Support since 1999. With over 12,000
          members
          > > Simply Computers is one of the largest and most active Tech
          Support