Wireless Internet Connection

  • Shirish Gajjar
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2008
      Hello friends,
      I have Wireless Internet Connection.Will an expert tell me what precaution I
      should take that no one else can use my computer or its IP(Computer address)
      Please ONLY an expert ,not novice or half backed so called experts,please.
      Thank you.

      Shirish
      shiri_bombay@...
      gajjar.shirish@...

      http://groups.msn.com/ShirishGajjar

      Mumbai(Bombay),
      NDIA.

    • Vincent Winterling
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2008
        See the directions here:

        http://www.practicallynetworked.com/support/wireless_secure.htm

        Vincent Winterling
        Vineland, NJ

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2008
          If you are using a wireless router, simply referring to your manual
          will tell you how to enable and setup a secure signal.

          --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, "Shirish Gajjar"
          <gajjar.shirish@...> wrote:

          > Hello friends,
          > I have Wireless Internet Connection.Will an expert tell me what
          precaution I
          > should take that no one else can use my computer or its IP(Computer
          address)
          > Please ONLY an expert ,not novice or half backed so called
          experts,please.
          > Thank you.
          >

          > Shirish
          > shiri_bombay@...
          > gajjar.shirish@...
          >

          > http://groups.msn.com/ShirishGajjar
          >
          > Mumbai(Bombay),
          > NDIA.

        • king_kahoutek
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 9, 2011
            I use a Linksys wireless card on my 1999 PC and it works fine. So I got a USB Bluetooth compatible wireless adapter for another PC. Both run Windows XP, SP3.

            In Control Panel> Network Connections there are 2 connections: "Lan or High-Speed Internet - Local Area Connection" and "Personal Area Network - Bluetooth Network Connection".

            My High Speed Modem Router is Verizon - Westell 7500. I entered the Network Name and Key exactly as on my PC with the Linksys Card when useing Wireless Network Setup Wizard.

            That's where I'm stuck. I've been Googling for hours, but can't find a match for how to setup a wireless Internet Connection using my Bluetooth adapter.

            Any hints?

            Thanks

            King_Kahoutek
          • vincentwinterling
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 10, 2011
              Does this help?

              http://www.orbit-computer-solutions.com/Bluetooth-Wireless-Technology.php

              --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, king_kahoutek <no_reply@...> wrote:

              > I use a Linksys wireless card on my 1999 PC and it works fine. So I got a USB Bluetooth compatible wireless adapter for another PC. Both run Windows XP, SP3.
              >
              > In Control Panel> Network Connections there are 2 connections: "Lan or High-Speed Internet - Local Area Connection" and "Personal Area Network - Bluetooth Network Connection".
              >
              > My High Speed Modem Router is Verizon - Westell 7500. I entered the Network Name and Key exactly as on my PC with the Linksys Card when useing Wireless Network Setup Wizard.
              >
              > That's where I'm stuck. I've been Googling for hours, but can't find a match for how to setup a wireless Internet Connection using my Bluetooth adapter.
              >
              > Any hints?
              >
              > Thanks
              >
              > King_Kahoutek

            • C. Michael Stone
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 10, 2011
                I'm not familiar with a Westell modem, but maybe it isn't capable of receiving a Bluetooth signal. There are three types of wireless out there......Bluetooth used for Wireless Personal Area Networking (WPAN)....802.11g used for Wireless Local Area Networking (WLAN)......and cellular used for Wireless Wide Area Networking (WWAN)..... I would guess your modem is 802.11g only and can not receive a Bluetooth signal. Your Linksys card is 802.11g

                Mike Stone