Graphic software for bookmarks

  • old_cad_jockey
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2008
      Years ago (Win95 days) my wife used Print Artist to make decorated
      bookmarks (the kind that are actually used in books) for gifts. The old
      programs won't install in WinXP so am looking for new. Can anyone
      recommend a current graphic program with templates to print bookmarks?

      Thanks
      John
    • avbsantos2
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2008
        In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, "old_cad_jockey" <jjmotz@...> wrote:

        > Years ago (Win95 days) my wife used Print Artist to make decorated
        > bookmarks (the kind that are actually used in books) for gifts. The old
        > programs won't install in WinXP so am looking for new. Can anyone
        > recommend a current graphic program with templates to print bookmarks?
        >
        > Thanks
        > John

        -----------------------
        Did you try installing it in "compatibility mode"?
        <http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/appcompat.mspx>
        or http://tinyurl.com/2857h

        Armando
      • old_cad_jockey
        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2008
          I tried to install 3 different programs with Compatibility Wizard with
          no luck. It appears they use some kind of on-line setup. I suspect
          they can't deal with not finding the requisite website (long gone).

          Thanks
          John

          --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, "avbsantos2" <avbsantos2@...>
          wrote:

          > In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, "old_cad_jockey" <jjmotz@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Years ago (Win95 days) my wife used Print Artist to make decorated
          > > bookmarks (the kind that are actually used in books) for gifts.
          The old
          > > programs won't install in WinXP so am looking for new. Can anyone
          > > recommend a current graphic program with templates to print bookmarks?
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > > John
          > >
          > -----------------------
          > Did you try installing it in "compatibility mode"?

          <http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/appcompat.mspx>
          > or http://tinyurl.com/2857h
          >
          > Armando

        • avbsantos2
          Message 4 of 4 , May 2, 2008
            In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, "old_cad_jockey" <jjmotz@...> wrote:

            > I tried to install 3 different programs with Compatibility Wizard with
            > no luck. It appears they use some kind of on-line setup. I suspect
            > they can't deal with not finding the requisite website (long gone).
            >
            > Thanks
            > John
            >
            > --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, "avbsantos2" <avbsantos2@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, "old_cad_jockey" <jjmotz@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Years ago (Win95 days) my wife used Print Artist to make decorated
            > > > bookmarks (the kind that are actually used in books) for gifts.
            > The old
            > > > programs won't install in WinXP so am looking for new. Can anyone
            > > > recommend a current graphic program with templates to print
            bookmarks?

            > > > Thanks
            > > > John
            > > >
            > > -----------------------
            > > Did you try installing it in "compatibility mode"?

            <http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/appcompat.mspx>
            > > or http://tinyurl.com/2857h
            > >
            > > Armando
            And what, exactly, was the program designed to do?

            Maybe you'll find an open source (free) application that will do what
            you want within this list:

            Open Source Freeware : 400+ free applications and utilities
            <http://www.econsultant.com/i-want-open-source-software/index.html>

            Armando