Re: [Simply Computers] auxillary monitor

  • Gregg
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2007
      Some laptops like my Dell have an S-video port output for TV. The
      image definition is just short of terrible. The VGA connector
      output is only for computer monitors and some HDTVs and TV/monitors
      that have RGB input.

      --- In simplycomputers2@yahoogroups.com, retlas_89015 <no_reply@...>

      http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/Gateway/400VTX/3501331nv.shtml
      > > You will see a video port that you can plug a monitor into to
      view
      > what's on
      > > this machine.
      > >
      > > Hope this helps.
      > >
      > > James

      LCD
      > > > screen. Before I go to the expense of screen replacement, I'm
      > > > wondering if there is a way to observe the image on another
      > computer
      > > > screen so I can decide if the laptop is worth it, as there may
      be
      > > > other more serious problems. If there is a way please tell me
      > what &
      > > > how.
      > > > Where is a good source for the screen? Dick

    • mishamcm2003
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2007
        Be sure to shut the computer down, plug in the external monitor, and
        then boot with the monitor attached.