Re: [Simply Computers] CPU heat

  • Norm Higgs
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2006
      115F is plenty cool. Thats around 40C and is pretty much normal. Adding more
      RAM or a Video card is not going to make a difference.
      This is a non-problem

      Norm Higgs
      http://computers.forbiddenjoy.com
      https://www.linkedin.com/e/fpf/4018099
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2006
        I understand that the lower the better but what should the limit be?
        I downloaded a program that shows the case, cpu temps, voltages and fan
        speeds.
        But the Cpu temp defualt seem high too me...

        Jeff

        In a message dated 4/1/2006 3:25:20 PM Mountain Standard Time,
        nfhiggs@... writes:
        115F is plenty cool. Thats around 40C and is pretty much normal.

      • J. L.
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 2, 2006
          115F is usually idle or surfing the net. When I try to
          play a game, the temp rises to 130F+. It has already
          gotten to the point of setting off the alert (156F).
          I've cooled down my idle/surf temp to 110F by turning
          one fan around and adding a prog called CPU Eat 'n'
          Cool. I lose some processor speed, but at least I can
          use my comp.
          CPU Eat 'n' Cool is a free prog. I got it from
          www.softpedia.com. I consider it a temp fix, as I am
          considering getting a liquid cooler as soon as I can
          afford one.
          Thanks for your input on my prob.

          --- Norm Higgs <nfhiggs@...> wrote:

          > 115F is plenty cool. Thats around 40C and is pretty
          > much normal. Adding more
          > RAM or a Video card is not going to make a
          > difference.
          > This is a non-problem
          >
          > Norm Higgs
          > http://computers.forbiddenjoy.com
          > https://www.linkedin.com/e/fpf/4018099

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Norm Higgs
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 2, 2006
            30-40C is the norm. 40-50C is not harmful, but most computers run below
            that. Above 50C you may begin to have intermittant problems, random crashes,
            and other stability issues.

            Your temps are fine.

            Norm Higgs
            http://computers.forbiddenjoy.com
            https://www.linkedin.com/e/fpf/4018099
            > I understand that the lower the better but what should the limit be?
            > I downloaded a program that shows the case, cpu temps, voltages and fan
            > speeds.
            > But the Cpu temp defualt seem high too me...
            >
            > Jeff
            >
            > In a message dated 4/1/2006 3:25:20 PM Mountain Standard Time,
            > nfhiggs@... writes:
            > 115F is plenty cool. Thats around 40C and is pretty much normal.

            > Visit Simply Computers Tech Support Group
            > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/simplycomputers2/
            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Norm Higgs
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 2, 2006
              Some of the Intel CPU's do run hot. I have a friend at work who has a 2.8
              GHZ system and no matter what he couldn't get the temps to come down. He
              finally resorted to water cooling, and has not had a problem since.
              > 115F is usually idle or surfing the net. When I try to
              > play a game, the temp rises to 130F+. It has already
              > gotten to the point of setting off the alert (156F).
              > I've cooled down my idle/surf temp to 110F by turning
              > one fan around and adding a prog called CPU Eat 'n'
              > Cool. I lose some processor speed, but at least I can
              > use my comp.
              > CPU Eat 'n' Cool is a free prog. I got it from
              > www.softpedia.com. I consider it a temp fix, as I am
              > considering getting a liquid cooler as soon as I can
              > afford one.
              > Thanks for your input on my prob.
              >

              > --- Norm Higgs <nfhiggs@...> wrote:
              >
              > > 115F is plenty cool. Thats around 40C and is pretty
              > > much normal. Adding more
              > > RAM or a Video card is not going to make a
              > > difference.
              > > This is a non-problem
              > >
              > > Norm Higgs
              > > http://computers.forbiddenjoy.com
              > > https://www.linkedin.com/e/fpf/4018099

            • Tim
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 3, 2006
                Is the CPU being overclocked?

                Tim

                Norm Higgs <nfhiggs@...> wrote:
                Some of the Intel CPU's do run hot. I have a friend at work who has a 2.8
                GHZ system and no matter what he couldn't get the temps to come down. He
                finally resorted to water cooling, and has not had a problem since.
                > 115F is usually idle or surfing the net. When I try to
                > play a game, the temp rises to 130F+. It has already
                > gotten to the point of setting off the alert (156F).
                > I've cooled down my idle/surf temp to 110F by turning
                > one fan around and adding a prog called CPU Eat 'n'
                > Cool. I lose some processor speed, but at least I can
                > use my comp.
                > CPU Eat 'n' Cool is a free prog. I got it from
                > www.softpedia.com. I consider it a temp fix, as I am
                > considering getting a liquid cooler as soon as I can
                > afford one.
                > Thanks for your input on my prob.
                >

                > --- Norm Higgs <nfhiggs@...> wrote:
                >
                > > 115F is plenty cool. Thats around 40C and is pretty
                > > much normal. Adding more
                > > RAM or a Video card is not going to make a
                > > difference.
                > > This is a non-problem
                > >
                > > Norm Higgs
                > > http://computers.forbiddenjoy.com
                > > https://www.linkedin.com/e/fpf/4018099

                Need an Upgrade?

                http://stores.ebay.com/A-Geek-Named-Tim

                http://ageeknamedtim.com

              • J. L.
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 3, 2006
                  I don't understand how to overclock, so I would have
                  to say no. I know it has something to do with the BIOS
                  and I haven't done anything there.

                  http://mail.yahoo.com