OT: World Cup - A word to english fans from Brazil!

  • caselou67
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 1, 2006
      To all english football fans:
      Dont be sad, be proud!
      England were brave, played to their maximum forces.
      To the limit. So did Argentina.
      Sadly my Brazil played poorly n were beaten by France.
      Zidane played greatly, the guy had magic we didnt.
      Well done!
      later
      Carlos
    • ben_barclay
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 2, 2006
        Brazil were completely 'Brazilled' by France, taught how to play their
        own game. They had too many big names that were too complacent and too
        big to move... Roberto Carlos, hands on hips.. enough said.

        England always look disjointed, don't think they train or play
        together enough. They don't seem to just instinctively know where
        their team mates are, teams like Germany & Argentina have that. Please
        that Owen Hargreaves got some deserved credit, he's unfairly
        criticised for essentially playing for England whilst not being a
        household or media name, but put in a gritty determined performance
        that is lacking from a lot of his team mates. Being Welsh I didn't
        mind England doing 'well' but I'm not at all disappointed to see the
        back of all the mad over the top hysteria that's generated everytime
        England compete at something. Same goes for Tim Henman, peoples
        reactions put me off supporting his success, people cheer when his
        opponent misses a shot. It's a poor show!

        ta ta for now, Ben...
      • Eric Elzière
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 2, 2006
          > Brazil were completely 'Brazilled' by France, taught how to play their
          > own game. They had too many big names that were too complacent and too
          > big to move... Roberto Carlos, hands on hips.. enough said.

          What's happening with "our" team is very difficult to understand,
          believe me!
          We were ready to burry them last week, after the first round...
          But we are proud of them, when they play like yesterday evening and
          on last tuesday against Spain.

          Eric

        • Gary Stafford
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 2, 2006
            Hi

            England are not good a team but a bunch of fantastic individuals, hopefully with a more passionate ENGLISH manage & without Beckham circus as manager we can now go ahead & do something.

            Look how well England played without Beckham. I also feel the manager panicked when Rooney was sent of. Until he had been sent of he did nothing or added anything to the team, his removal should have been a blessing. Poor management showed in the choice of penalty takers, Lampard had an awful world cup & should have been one of the ones least likely to be chosen for penalties never mind the pressure of the first one.

            Bad luck Brasil too...

            Gary

            228/206/175

            It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle thing
            > Brazil were completely 'Brazilled' by France, taught how to play their
            > own game. They had too many big names that were too complacent and too
            > big to move... Roberto Carlos, hands on hips.. enough said.

            What's happening with "our" team is very difficult to understand,
            believe me!
            We were ready to burry them last week, after the first round...
            But we are proud of them, when they play like yesterday evening and
            on last tuesday against Spain.

            Eric

          • Alex Vidal
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 2, 2006
              Hi all!

              Hey, England played pretty well yesterday. Only a lack of luck seemed
              to have built a barrer in front of the net, because Portugal team
              didn't play as to win the match, dizzying the ball so much. Well, and
              also a very good goalkeeper. Did you notice that Ricardo jumped only
              after each penalty-kicker kicked off the ball? And he only failed
              Hardgreaves shoot because he shooted it so hard he nearly chop off
              Ricardo's hand! It seems, as Fabien Barthez, a really quick-sense
              goalkeeper.

              And well, France... did really play fantastic against Brazil. But in
              front of Spain, they only needed to wait how a bunch of guys got
              nervous and forgot all about the middle of the field. That way, they
              are never to win a match! 4-0 in front of Ukraine seems only to be a
              mirage :D

              Well, which team do you think is going to win the World Cup? :) My
              bets are Germany or France.

              Best wishes,

              Alex

              2006/7/2, Gary Stafford <gaz.staffs@...>:

              > Hi
              >
              > England are not good a team but a bunch of fantastic individuals, hopefully with a more passionate ENGLISH manage & without Beckham circus as manager we can now go ahead & do something.
              >
              > Look how well England played without Beckham. I also feel the manager panicked when Rooney was sent of. Until he had been sent of he did nothing or added anything to the team, his removal should have been a blessing. Poor management showed in the choice of penalty takers, Lampard had an awful world cup & should have been one of the ones least likely to be chosen for penalties never mind the pressure of the first one.
              >
              > Bad luck Brasil too...
              >
              > Gary

            • Gary Stafford
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 2, 2006
                Hi Alex

                Have to agree Portugal where not very good & will not progress to the final. Would love to be a fly on the wall at the first Man Utd training session when Ronaldo meets the rest of the English team..... I think he will be praying for that transfer from Real to come through.

                My own feeling is a France v germany final as for a winner...... Well it is going to be very close maybe 1 0 but to who I wouldn't like to bet. However it will be a final to relish...

                Gary

                228/206/175

                It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle thing
                Hey, England played pretty well yesterday. Only a lack of luck seemed
                to have built a barrer in front of the net, because Portugal team
                didn't play as to win the match, dizzying the ball so much. Well, and
                also a very good goalkeeper. Did you notice that Ricardo jumped only
                after each penalty-kicker kicked off the ball? And he only failed
                Hardgreaves shoot because he shooted it so hard he nearly chop off
                Ricardo's hand! It seems, as Fabien Barthez, a really quick-sense
                goalkeeper.

                And well, France... did really play fantastic against Brazil. But in
                front of Spain, they only needed to wait how a bunch of guys got
                nervous and forgot all about the middle of the field. That way, they
                are never to win a match! 4-0 in front of Ukraine seems only to be a
                mirage :D

                Well, which team do you think is going to win the World Cup? :) My
                bets are Germany or France.

                Best wishes,

                Alex

                2006/7/2, Gary Stafford <gaz.staffs@...>:

                > Hi
                >
                > England are not good a team but a bunch of fantastic individuals, hopefully with a more passionate ENGLISH manage & without Beckham circus as manager we can now go ahead & do something.
                >
                > Look how well England played without Beckham. I also feel the manager panicked when Rooney was sent of. Until he had been sent of he did nothing or added anything to the team, his removal should have been a blessing. Poor management showed in the choice of penalty takers, Lampard had an awful world cup & should have been one of the ones least likely to be chosen for penalties never mind the pressure of the first one.
                >
                > Bad luck Brasil too...
                >
                > Gary

              • Eric Elzière
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 2, 2006
                  > Well, which team do you think is going to win the World Cup? :) My
                  > bets are Germany or France.

                  I think it is Germany's year.
                  But if our team is still strong enough to play 2 more games like
                  yesterday, we'll get a second World Cup after 98'.
                  In the meantime, Portugal and Italy could win too!
                  Italy?... Yes, they could win... with a "good" referee ;-))
                  My heart tells me France or Portugal.
                  My mind says Germany.
                  Sorry italian people: you've got such a beautiful country and you are
                  so nice! But how boring it is too see the crying Squadra Azzura!
                  Only our team when playing against Switzerland, Korea or Togo is
                  worst to watch :-)

                  Altobelli, Conti, Tardelli, Rossi ! Were are you?! These men were
                  part of the last italian dreamteam.
                  It was a pleasure to watch them playing.
                  Mmmm... it was more than 20 years ago; maybe I'm too old!

                  Eric

                • caselou67
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 2, 2006
                    --- In simple-minds@yahoogroups.com, Eric Elzière <Eric.Elziere@...> >
                    Sorry italian people: you've got such a beautiful country and you are
                    > so nice! But how boring it is too see the crying Squadra Azzura!...

                    Agreed,
                    Italy has an eficient but boring way to play. France played
                    beautifully against our guys. Every1 here is in love with Zidanes game!
                    Above all brazilians love football well played!
                    My heart says Portugal will win due to family tree. My mind says the
                    other 3 have more chances. If France keeps the level, its them for
                    sure but Italy is always, always, hard to beat n Germans seem to find
                    a new love for the game!
                    good luck to all, we'll be watching.
                    later
                    Carlos
                  • stefor2311@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 2, 2006
                      Hi'

                      My name is Stevie, I'm a Scotland fan!

                      Although my country are not there I have enjoyed the World Cup. I'm very
                      sorry to see Argentina go out as I think they have been the best team in the
                      competition. England? Very lucky to get as far as they did and are no loss to
                      the competition. The winners?...well I think it will be either France or Germany

                      I'm really looking forward to seeing the 'Minds in Edinburgh on the 28th of
                      August. Anyone else going?

                      Regards

                      Stevie

                    • Susan Motley
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jul 2, 2006
                        Eric,
                        It's coming down to Germany and France. I would say Germany because of the hometeam factor. Remember 1998 when France used their home team advantage to beat you Brazil team? Well, the shoe will be on the other foot on Sunday.
                        Oh, well, what comes around goes around.
                        Susan

                        Message 11 of 13 , Jul 3, 2006
                          > I would say Germany because of the hometeam factor. Remember 1998
                          > when France used their home team advantage to beat you Brazil team?

                          I agree! And that's why I said it's Germany's year :-)
                          One more thing about Italy: if only 8 Gattuso, 1 Canavarro, 1 Nesta
                          and 1 Buffon could play at the same time, then the theam would be
                          Irresistible.
                          Gattuso seems to be very intelligent: a "good" human being.

                          Eric

                          Message 12 of 13 , Jul 4, 2006
                            > The winners?...well I think it will be either France or Germany
                            Closer to the match, I feel Italy could win :-)
                            I'm afraid our old boys won't be strong enough to play the next 2
                            matches.

                            Eric