War Babies - aberdeen

  • stephen robinson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2002
      Guys,

      I know a few out there are convinced they played war babies at aberdeen
      and this week, based on Pete's words I have given in and accepted that
      they did.

      HOWEVER, Craig Cochrane, alias Jocka has just arrived at mine this
      morning, and he is absolutely convinced that it was NOT played.

      I know that it said it on the playlist, but NOTHING was played from
      Neapolis.And his recall is fantastic even when stoned out of his head !

      If anyone can get official confirmation from the band to state that war
      babies WAS played we will pay £20 to your chosen charity.

      Cheers

      Steve
    • peteoceanic
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2002
        Steve/craig

        i supplied the first night setlist to both dreamgiver and sm.com. it
        was defo played, I've never heard the neapolis stuff played live( i
        kinda lost heart with the minds over neapolis - it didn't do it for
        me!) i didn't go to any of these gigs. I recall it was much darker
        and heavier than the album mix, and i was kinda taken aback with it
        live...its definately the best track on the album IMHO.

        However in an effort to convince you lads, check sm.com, floating
        world section. Scroll through to aberdeen, it takes a wee while,
        click images, and you'll see an icon with what looks like a part
        photo of the official set-list, click and you will find a pic of the
        mix desk with an official set-list, aberdeen quite clear at the top,
        the typset is too small too read on my pc but in between glittering
        prize and this is your land, I think you can just make out war
        babies! have a look and see what ya think. if you agree, we can
        discuss further this £20 donation!!!

        have a great time in amsterdam (£15 for a s....can't remember?)lol

        see ya

        pete

        --- In simple-minds@y..., "stephen robinson" <ste@b...> wrote:

        > Guys,
        >
        > I know a few out there are convinced they played war babies at
        aberdeen
        > and this week, based on Pete's words I have given in and accepted
        that
        > they did.
        >
        > HOWEVER, Craig Cochrane, alias Jocka has just arrived at mine this
        > morning, and he is absolutely convinced that it was NOT played.
        >
        > I know that it said it on the playlist, but NOTHING was played from
        > Neapolis.And his recall is fantastic even when stoned out of his
        head !

        > If anyone can get official confirmation from the band to state that
        war
        > babies WAS played we will pay £20 to your chosen charity.
        >
        > Cheers
        >
        > Steve
      • scottmillionuk
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 6, 2002
          Hi,

          I was at the Aberdeen gig in April. I know this isn't "official
          confirmation" but I definately remember them playing War Babies.

          Billy Sloan's review of the Aberdeen Gig in the Sunday Mail's review
          the following week said the Aberdeen set was fantastic except
          for 'War Babies' and 'Let There Be Love' which he didnae like.

          Hope this helps.

          Scott,

          Aberdeen