Lugnasadh

  • Silver Shadow
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1 10:28 AM
      Merry meet everyone!

      Happy Harvest time! Today is the first of the year's three harvest festivals and is also known as Lammas. It is a celebration of the first fruits of the harvest. Bread figures of the Sun God and breaking bread is a common celebration for this click on the Wheel of the Year.

      The Goddess has blessed me in many amazing ways but She never ceases to amaze me. My faith is continually strengthened as She touches my life daily. Today She yet again favored me and I wanted to share since it came on such an appropriate day.

      As most of you know I am beginning nursing school this month. I have been struggling a bit with the funding. With two children (and very rarely a babysitter) it is impossible to work and go to school full time. I was originally approved a few months ago for a program that would not only pay for my school but also allow me to continue to collect unemployment while attending. Unfortunately, about the time I got accepted to nursing school, the government dropped the funding for the program AND decided that if you are a student you may not collect unemployment while in school because you are not "available" to work. I was very disappointed, but did not give up hope.

      I have been working every single angle I can trying to come up with money for school and figuring out how on earth I am going to survive without income. I have been casting and praying like mad (thank you vision for all your help in that area...you are the best lb ever). I have been calling the office that the original funding would have come from every week in hopes that something would change. I spoke to them Friday and they said there was no way they were getting any money.

      This morning I was unpacking yet more boxes and got a call. Unexpectedly the program got funding for two people. Guess who is one of them! :) I ran my schedule up to the office and I should know for sure by Friday whether it is approved or not but the chances are excellent. I am so very excited. This is life changing. I was down my only other alternative being working nights and committing to work for three years after graduation for a hospital that would pay my tuition. I would still have had to come up with another thousand dollars for everything else. I was not looking forward to either of those things.

      Don't get me wrong. The amount of mundane hours of work I have put into this is ridiculous. lol I have worked my ass off, but She changes everything She touches. Now for the harvesting of my efforts....

      Thank you, Goddess, for always watching over this daughter. I am consistently humbled in faith by your guidance. Blessed be to you all and I wish you abundance in all your harvests this day!

      Love and light,
      Shadow
    • Seaglass Vision
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1 1:46 PM

        Happy Lughnasadh (loo-na-sa) to everyone!

        I'm so happy for you Shadow. You have wanted this for so long and worked so hard. Goddess Ixchel has been calling You and blessed you. So happy that Diana and Her focused intent is with you. I love you dearly. Praise the Goddess!

        It is indeed time for the harvest. Harvest of all that we have sewn. Be prepared if you have only sewn weeds. What we do affects us in so many ways.

        Today I am celebrating by preserving some of nature's gifts that we have worked hard for in our garden this year. I just got finished canning jalapeno peppers. Chili peppers can bring forth fedelity and love. I added tons of intent while chopping and stirring.

        I also take this day of harvest to cast for the worlds inhabitants to have enough to eat. All creatures great and small make up the balance of Mother Earth's abundance. Without taking from one, may all be provided for. This time of year I start buying and storing away food stuffs for donation. I will gather items until the light returns on Yule and donate them. Anyone interested in adding to the pile, please let me know or bring a canned good everytime you see me.

        Blessings to each and everyone of you. May this holiday show the abundance of our lives to us in glorious ways.

        Blessed be,

        Vision