Flex 3 - Export to Microsoft Excel?
- View SourceHi everyone, is it possible to export to Excel?
If I have a chart or a datagrid, is it possible to export it to
- View SourceFlex does not do it by itself, but you do have a few options:
1) Copy the datagrid to the clipboard, so the user can paste it into
excel (it sounds interesting):
2) Upload the datagrid data to a server, which in turn will convert
the data to a certain format (either CSV or XLS). If you use Java,
Seam Framework supports Flex integration and also provides the ability
to generate an Excel file, but you will have to program the wiring (i.
e.: Push the data-grid to the server, then process it, and finally
output the exported file back to the user)
--- In firstname.lastname@example.org, "sailorsea21" <sailorsea21@...> wrote:
> Hi everyone, is it possible to export to Excel?
> If I have a chart or a datagrid, is it possible to export it to
> Microsoft Excel?
- View SourceYou could really easily serialize your data to a CSV (Comma Separated
Values) text file and send that to the client using Flash Player 10
Excel should be able to display that document appropriately, and most
Windows users should be able to double-click that downloaded file to
open it in Excel.