Job Posting

  • Balihoo Jobs
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 25, 2008

      Senior Software Developer/ Engineer

      Are you an incredibly talented web developer looking for more than just another job? Do you love working in fast-paced start-ups but want out of the Bay Area, Seattle, (insert crowded urban location here) grind and into a great start-up located in one of the premier small cities in the West?  We’re Balihoo – a world class software development company hidden in Boise, Idaho.  Haven’t heard of Boise? Google it and you’ll find us ranked in the Top 10 for best cities to work and live.  The average commute is 18 minutes (many of us bike to work), the median house goes for $230,000 and incredible skiing, snowboarding, mountain biking, fly fishing and kayaking are all located close to home and await you.  No doubt we work hard (hey, we’re still a startup), but we play hard, too – how can you resist when you live in Boise?

      Balihoo (www.​balihoo.​com) is the premier provider of advertising technology and services to national brands with local marketing needs.  Our technology allows local marketers (like franchisees or retailers) the ability to customize creative ads via the web, then place those ads in the most appropriate media venue.  Our application truly blends the creative and analytical sides of the advertising business.

      Applicants must possess strong knowledge of and experience in object oriented design and development and very strong analytic thinking and problem solving skills.  Our search for a senior developer is solely focused on passionate, top-notch engineers who have extensive experience designing and building customer-facing web applications.

      Required skills include:

      • In-depth expertise in web application design and development (front-end, mid-tier and back-end)
      • Expertise with databases and database servers and strong SQL authoring skills
      • Experience using revision control in an agile environment
      • Experience building rich internet applications (Adobe Flex or equivalent)
      • ECMA Script (JavaScript or ActionScript), HTTP, XML and Web Services

      Desired skills:

      ·         Web application development using PHP and the Zend Framework

      ·         RIA Development with Adobe Flex 3.0

      ·         Experience using MySQL and open source database tools

      ·         Experience interfacing with third party applications and services using SOAP

      ·         Experience working in a fast-paced, agile team environment

      ·         Demonstrated ability to turn relatively vague business requirements into highly functional, customer-friendly features

      Candidates must possess the following:

      • Strong teamwork skills and business intuition
      • B.S. or M.S. in computer science or related field

      Our culture is what makes us a great company – all candidates must be a strong cultural fit (see http://www.balihoo.com/about-balihoo/culture.html for more information about our culture.)

      This position is based in Boise, ID and minimal travel will be required.

      Balihoo is an equal opportunity employer.

      To apply, send your resume and cover letter to jobs@....