Re: [silk] Silkmeet on June 28 - bangalore

  • Udhay Shankar N
    Message 1 of 30 , Jun 19, 2017
      ​Changed the subject line. 28th it is, at Vinit and Surabhi's place​ -
      venue of much fun in the past and a silklist baby as well. :)

      Udhay

      On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 4:33 PM, Suresh Ramasubramanian <suresh@...>
      wrote:

      > Hopefully next week let me try

    • Thejaswi Udupa
      Message 2 of 30 , Jun 19, 2017
        If 28th, I'm in. (Didn't follow rest of mail trail, but I'm glad plans
        moved away from the weekend.)
      • Sumant Srivathsan
        Message 3 of 30 , Jun 19, 2017
          Bah. I'm only getting in on the 30th.

          On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 9:39 PM Thejaswi Udupa <thejaswi.udupa@...>
          wrote:

          > If 28th, I'm in. (Didn't follow rest of mail trail, but I'm glad plans
          > moved away from the weekend.)

        • rashmi v
          Message 4 of 30 , Jun 19, 2017
            Count me in.

            On 19-Jun-2017 5:44 PM, "Udhay Shankar N" <udhay@...> wrote:

            > ​Changed the subject line. 28th it is, at Vinit and Surabhi's place​ -
            > venue of much fun in the past and a silklist baby as well. :)
            >
            > Udhay
            >

            > On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 4:33 PM, Suresh Ramasubramanian <suresh@...
            > >
            > wrote:
            >
            > > Hopefully next week let me try
            >

            > --
            >
            > ((Udhay Shankar N)) ((udhay @ pobox.com)) ((www.digeratus.com))

          • Sree Sivanandan
            Message 5 of 30 , Jun 19, 2017
              Looking forward !

              Message 6 of 30 , Jun 23, 2017
                Here's the show of hands thus far (not counting maybes and +1s)

                Vinit Bhansali
                Surabhi Tomar
                Suresh Ramasubramanian
                Jayadevan PK
                Samanth Subramanian
                Sharat Satyanarayana
                Shyam Sunder
                Kavita Chaudhry
                Naresh Narasimhan
                Advaith Mohan
                Rajesh Mehar
                Venkat Mangudi
                Amitha Singh
                Thejaswi Udupa
                Rashmi V
                Raj Subramanian
                Zeenath Hassan
                Mekin Maheshwari
                Kingsley Joseph
                Sree Sivanandan
                Saritha Rai
              • Vandana Abraham
                Message 7 of 30 , Jun 23, 2017
                  + 1 maybe :)

                  Vandana
                  _____________________________
                  Here's the show of hands thus far (not counting maybes and +1s)

                  Vinit Bhansali
                  Surabhi Tomar
                  Suresh Ramasubramanian
                  Jayadevan PK
                  Samanth Subramanian
                  Sharat Satyanarayana
                  Shyam Sunder
                  Kavita Chaudhry
                  Naresh Narasimhan
                  Advaith Mohan
                  Rajesh Mehar
                  Venkat Mangudi
                  Amitha Singh
                  Thejaswi Udupa
                  Rashmi V
                  Raj Subramanian
                  Zeenath Hassan
                  Mekin Maheshwari
                  Kingsley Joseph
                  Sree Sivanandan
                  Saritha Rai
                • Kavita Avocado Tree Digital
                  Message 8 of 30 , Jun 23, 2017
                    Hi...i am travelling on that date ...damn.

                    On 24-Jun-2017 7:31 AM, "Udhay Shankar N" <udhay@...> wrote:

                    > Here's the show of hands thus far (not counting maybes and +1s)
                    >
                    > Vinit Bhansali
                    > Surabhi Tomar
                    > Suresh Ramasubramanian
                    > Jayadevan PK
                    > Samanth Subramanian
                    > Sharat Satyanarayana
                    > Shyam Sunder
                    > Kavita Chaudhry
                    > Naresh Narasimhan
                    > Advaith Mohan
                    > Rajesh Mehar
                    > Venkat Mangudi
                    > Amitha Singh
                    > Thejaswi Udupa
                    > Rashmi V
                    > Raj Subramanian
                    > Zeenath Hassan
                    > Mekin Maheshwari
                    > Kingsley Joseph
                    > Sree Sivanandan
                    > Saritha Rai

                  • Deepa Mohan
                    Message 9 of 30 , Jun 23, 2017
                      Probably Derek Shaffer and I will be coming along, too. Attending a
                      silk meet after approximately 400 years.

                      Deepa.

                      On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 7:31 AM, Udhay Shankar N <udhay@...> wrote:
                      > Here's the show of hands thus far (not counting maybes and +1s)
                      >
                      > Vinit Bhansali
                      > Surabhi Tomar
                      > Suresh Ramasubramanian
                      > Jayadevan PK
                      > Samanth Subramanian
                      > Sharat Satyanarayana
                      > Shyam Sunder
                      > Kavita Chaudhry
                      > Naresh Narasimhan
                      > Advaith Mohan
                      > Rajesh Mehar
                      > Venkat Mangudi
                      > Amitha Singh
                      > Thejaswi Udupa
                      > Rashmi V
                      > Raj Subramanian
                      > Zeenath Hassan
                      > Mekin Maheshwari
                      > Kingsley Joseph
                      > Sree Sivanandan
                      > Saritha Rai
                    • Vinayak Hegde
                      Message 10 of 30 , Jun 24, 2017
                        +1 Maybe.

                        -- Vinayak

                        On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 10:30 AM, Deepa Mohan <mohandeepa@...> wrote:
                        > Probably Derek Shaffer and I will be coming along, too. Attending a
                        > silk meet after approximately 400 years.
                        >
                        > Deepa.
                        >
                        > On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 7:31 AM, Udhay Shankar N <udhay@...> wrote:
                        >> Here's the show of hands thus far (not counting maybes and +1s)
                        >>
                        >> Vinit Bhansali
                        >> Surabhi Tomar
                        >> Suresh Ramasubramanian
                        >> Jayadevan PK
                        >> Samanth Subramanian
                        >> Sharat Satyanarayana
                        >> Shyam Sunder
                        >> Kavita Chaudhry
                        >> Naresh Narasimhan
                        >> Advaith Mohan
                        >> Rajesh Mehar
                        >> Venkat Mangudi
                        >> Amitha Singh
                        >> Thejaswi Udupa
                        >> Rashmi V
                        >> Raj Subramanian
                        >> Zeenath Hassan
                        >> Mekin Maheshwari
                        >> Kingsley Joseph
                        >> Sree Sivanandan
                        >> Saritha Rai

                      • Deepak Shenoy
                        Message 11 of 30 , Jun 24, 2017
                          Cool stuff - I will try and make it so I'm a maybe, will confirm on Tue.

                          Deepak Shenoy
                          Capitalmind: Active Investing
                          http://capitalmind.in
                          Twitter: @deepakshenoy

                          Wizemarkets Analytics Pvt Ltd.

                          On 24 June 2017 at 10:30, Deepa Mohan <mohandeepa@...> wrote:

                          > Probably Derek Shaffer and I will be coming along, too. Attending a
                          > silk meet after approximately 400 years.
                          >
                          > Deepa.
                          >
                          > On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 7:31 AM, Udhay Shankar N <udhay@...> wrote:
                          > > Here's the show of hands thus far (not counting maybes and +1s)
                          > >
                          > > Vinit Bhansali
                          > > Surabhi Tomar
                          > > Suresh Ramasubramanian
                          > > Jayadevan PK
                          > > Samanth Subramanian
                          > > Sharat Satyanarayana
                          > > Shyam Sunder
                          > > Kavita Chaudhry
                          > > Naresh Narasimhan
                          > > Advaith Mohan
                          > > Rajesh Mehar
                          > > Venkat Mangudi
                          > > Amitha Singh
                          > > Thejaswi Udupa
                          > > Rashmi V
                          > > Raj Subramanian
                          > > Zeenath Hassan
                          > > Mekin Maheshwari
                          > > Kingsley Joseph
                          > > Sree Sivanandan
                          > > Saritha Rai

                        • Udhay Shankar N
                          Message 12 of 30 , Jun 27, 2017
                            On Sun, Jun 25, 2017 at 12:21 AM, Deepak Shenoy <deepakshenoy@...
                            > wrote:

                            Cool stuff - I will try and make it so I'm a maybe, will confirm on Tue.

                            ​See you all tomorrow!​

                            ​Udhay​

                          • Udhay Shankar N
                            Message 13 of 30 , Jun 27, 2017
                              On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 7:24 PM, Udhay Shankar N <udhay@...> wrote:

                              > On Sun, Jun 25, 2017 at 12:21 AM, Deepak Shenoy <
                              > deepakshenoy@...> wrote:
                              >
                              > Cool stuff - I will try and make it so I'm a maybe, will confirm on Tue.
                              >>

                              > ​See you all tomorrow!​

                              ​Since I just got messaged asking this question:

                              The venue:

                              apt #703/704, Garden Apartments, Vittal Mallya Road, Bangalore? (opposite
                              UB City.) 7PM onwards.

                              BYOB - whatever you're having and some to share.

                            • Rashmi Dhanwani
                              Message 14 of 30 , Jun 27, 2017
                                Not that I am in Bangalore, but since I am feeling spammed anyway by this
                                Jun 28 meet mail mela, might I cross-spam you with this?:

                                March against Killings that are 'Not in My Name' on the evening on June 28,
                                2017, simultaneously across many cities in India - Bombay, Delhi, Pune,
                                Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata, Tiruvanthapuram and more... And London at 2pm
                                (GMT) tomorrow.

                                Town Hall, Bangalore. 6 - 8 pm

                                http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/not-in-my-name-thousands-pledge-to-march-against-mob-attacks-1717184

                                Message 15 of 30 , Jun 27, 2017
                                  It's Vinit and Surabhi's daughter Sara's birthday, too, on
                                  Wednesday...if my memory serves me right (it doesn't, always).

                                  Hoping to make it there with Derek Shaffer.

                                  Deepa.

                                  On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 9:13 PM, Udhay Shankar N <udhay@...> wrote:
                                  > On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 7:24 PM, Udhay Shankar N <udhay@...> wrote:
                                  >
                                  >> On Sun, Jun 25, 2017 at 12:21 AM, Deepak Shenoy <
                                  >> deepakshenoy@...> wrote:
                                  >>
                                  >> Cool stuff - I will try and make it so I'm a maybe, will confirm on Tue.
                                  >>>

                                  >> See you all tomorrow!
                                  >>

                                  > Since I just got messaged asking this question:
                                  >
                                  > The venue:
                                  >
                                  > apt #703/704, Garden Apartments, Vittal Mallya Road, Bangalore? (opposite
                                  > UB City.) 7PM onwards.
                                  >

                                  > BYOB - whatever you're having and some to share.
                                  >

                                  > --
                                  >
                                  > ((Udhay Shankar N)) ((udhay @ pobox.com)) ((www.digeratus.com))
                                • Venkat
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Jun 27, 2017
                                    How is it spam? :)

                                    Venkat

                                    On 27/06/17 9:50 PM, Rashmi Dhanwani wrote:
                                    > Not that I am in Bangalore, but since I am feeling spammed anyway by this
                                    > Jun 28 meet mail mela, might I cross-spam you with this?:
                                    >

                                    > March against Killings that are 'Not in My Name' on the evening on June 28,
                                    > 2017, simultaneously across many cities in India - Bombay, Delhi, Pune,
                                    > Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata, Tiruvanthapuram and more... And London at 2pm
                                    > (GMT) tomorrow.
                                    >
                                    > Town Hall, Bangalore. 6 - 8 pm
                                    >
                                    > http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/not-in-my-name-thousands-pledge-to-march-against-mob-attacks-1717184
                                    >

                                    > On 27 Jun 2017 9:14 pm, "Udhay Shankar N" <udhay@...> wrote:
                                    >
                                    > On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 7:24 PM, Udhay Shankar N <udhay@...> wrote:
                                    >
                                    >> On Sun, Jun 25, 2017 at 12:21 AM, Deepak Shenoy <
                                    >> deepakshenoy@...> wrote:
                                    >>
                                    >> Cool stuff - I will try and make it so I'm a maybe, will confirm on Tue.
                                    >> ​See you all tomorrow!​
                                    >>
                                    > ​Since I just got messaged asking this question:
                                    >
                                    > The venue:
                                    >
                                    > apt #703/704, Garden Apartments, Vittal Mallya Road, Bangalore? (opposite
                                    > UB City.) 7PM onwards.
                                    >

                                    > BYOB - whatever you're having and some to share.
                                    >

                                    > --
                                    >
                                    > ((Udhay Shankar N)) ((udhay @ pobox.com)) ((www.digeratus.com))

                                    --

                                    Cheers,
                                    Venkat
                                    Message 17 of 30 , Jun 27, 2017
                                      On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 7:24 PM, Udhay Shankar N <udhay@...> wrote:

                                      > On Sun, Jun 25, 2017 at 12:21 AM, Deepak Shenoy <
                                      > deepakshenoy@...
                                      > > wrote:
                                      >
                                      > Cool stuff - I will try and make it so I'm a maybe, will confirm on Tue.
                                      > >

                                      > ​See you all tomorrow!​

                                      +1 I'll drop by too. But maybe a bit late.

                                      --
                                      Ramakrishna Reddy GPG Key
                                      ID:67E226F5
                                      Message 18 of 30 , Jun 27, 2017
                                        +1 I'll be over this evening but will leave early.
                                        Look forward to seeing all of you.

                                        :: Vinay Rao

                                        On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 7:31 AM, Udhay Shankar N <udhay@...> wrote:

                                        > Here's the show of hands thus far (not counting maybes and +1s)
                                        >
                                        > Vinit Bhansali
                                        > Surabhi Tomar
                                        > Suresh Ramasubramanian
                                        > Jayadevan PK
                                        > Samanth Subramanian
                                        > Sharat Satyanarayana
                                        > Shyam Sunder
                                        > Kavita Chaudhry
                                        > Naresh Narasimhan
                                        > Advaith Mohan
                                        > Rajesh Mehar
                                        > Venkat Mangudi
                                        > Amitha Singh
                                        > Thejaswi Udupa
                                        > Rashmi V
                                        > Raj Subramanian
                                        > Zeenath Hassan
                                        > Mekin Maheshwari
                                        > Kingsley Joseph
                                        > Sree Sivanandan
                                        > Saritha Rai

                                      • Vinit Bhansali
                                        Message 19 of 30 , Jun 28, 2017

                                          On 27 June 2017 at 22:19, Deepa Mohan <mohandeepa@...> wrote:

                                          > It's Vinit and Surabhi's daughter Sara's birthday, too, on
                                          > Wednesday...if my memory serves me right (it doesn't, always).
                                          >
                                          > Hoping to make it there with Derek Shaffer.

                                          Her birthday is tomorrow.
                                          Silkmeet always T-1 day to Sara's birthday.
                                          Long story, happy to explain over drinks

                                          - Vinit

                                          Message 20 of 30 , Jun 28, 2017
                                            THere's drinking involved? :-o

                                            --Venkat

                                            --

                                            Cheers,
                                            Venkat
                                            Message 21 of 30 , Jun 28, 2017
                                              On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 5:56 PM, Venkat <silk@...> wrote:
                                              > THere's drinking involved? :-o
                                              >
                                              > --Venkat

                                              But Venkat, you have the option not to eat...or talk. And Vinit, after
                                              a few of the aforementioned drinks, no explanations are needed.
                                            • Venkat
                                              Message 22 of 30 , Jun 28, 2017
                                                On 28/06/17 5:57 PM, Deepa Mohan wrote:
                                                > On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 5:56 PM, Venkat <silk@...> wrote:
                                                >> THere's drinking involved? :-o
                                                >>
                                                >> --Venkat
                                                > But Venkat, you have the option not to eat...or talk. And Vinit, after
                                                > a few of the aforementioned drinks, no explanations are needed.

                                                Oh, I want to drink! :-)

                                                --

                                                Cheers,
                                                Venkat
                                                Message 23 of 30 , Jun 28, 2017
                                                  Gentle reminder byob
                                                  Now to find a booze store within reach of ub city, am in a cab coming from whitefield and should reach in another half an hour

                                                  --srs

                                                  > On 28-Jun-2017, at 6:25 PM, Venkat <silk@...> wrote:
                                                  >
                                                  > Oh, I want to drink! :-)
                                                • Deepa Mohan
                                                  Message 24 of 30 , Jun 28, 2017
                                                    Sorry to say that Derek just got home after a very rough day at
                                                    work...and I feel that a late night is not what he is looking for
                                                    right now! Sorry, Vinit, I tried to call you...I guess you are busy
                                                    with the others...the RoY...Rest of You...have fun on our behalf!

                                                    I was looking forward to meeting a lot of people after a long
                                                    time...but vottudu!

                                                    Cheers, Deepa.

                                                    On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 7:31 AM, Udhay Shankar N <udhay@...> wrote:
                                                    > Here's the show of hands thus far (not counting maybes and +1s)
                                                    >
                                                    > Vinit Bhansali
                                                    > Surabhi Tomar
                                                    > Suresh Ramasubramanian
                                                    > Jayadevan PK
                                                    > Samanth Subramanian
                                                    > Sharat Satyanarayana
                                                    > Shyam Sunder
                                                    > Kavita Chaudhry
                                                    > Naresh Narasimhan
                                                    > Advaith Mohan
                                                    > Rajesh Mehar
                                                    > Venkat Mangudi
                                                    > Amitha Singh
                                                    > Thejaswi Udupa
                                                    > Rashmi V
                                                    > Raj Subramanian
                                                    > Zeenath Hassan
                                                    > Mekin Maheshwari
                                                    > Kingsley Joseph
                                                    > Sree Sivanandan
                                                    > Saritha Rai
                                                  • gabin kattukaran
                                                    Message 25 of 30 , Jun 28, 2017
                                                      On 28 June 2017 at 17:55, Vinit Bhansali <vinit@...> wrote:
                                                      > Her birthday is tomorrow.
                                                      > Silkmeet always T-1 day to Sara's birthday.
                                                      > Long story, happy to explain over drinks

                                                      Tomorrow is a good day for a birthday. Do pass on my wishes to the little one.

                                                      -gabin

                                                      --

                                                      Don't confuse me with facts. My mind is made up.
                                                    • Biju Chacko
                                                      Message 26 of 30 , Jun 28, 2017
                                                        On 28 Jun 2017 21:16, "gabin kattukaran" <gkattukaran@...> wrote:

                                                        On 28 June 2017 at 17:55, Vinit Bhansali <vinit@...> wrote:
                                                        > Her birthday is tomorrow.
                                                        > Silkmeet always T-1 day to Sara's birthday.
                                                        > Long story, happy to explain over drinks

                                                        Tomorrow is a good day for a birthday.

                                                        Unless you're a decrepit old fart.

                                                        -- b
                                                      • Venkat
                                                        Message 27 of 30 , Jun 28, 2017
                                                          Happy Birthday, Gabin.

                                                          --

                                                          Cheers,
                                                          Venkat
                                                          Message 28 of 30 , Jun 28, 2017
                                                            Was at my first ever Silkmeet last evening and had a wonderful time.
                                                            Special thanks to Vinit, Surabhi and Udhay

                                                            --
                                                            *Lakshmi Pratury*
                                                            Host and Curator

                                                            *INKtalks for you
                                                            <http://www.inktalks.com/discover/289/anu-vaidyanathan-india-s-first-triathlete>*
                                                          • Vinay Rao
                                                            Message 29 of 30 , Jun 28, 2017
                                                              It truly was wonderful. Thanks Vineet, Surabhi, and Vyomkesh, for playing hosts; and Udhay for putting it together.

                                                              Vinay Rao

                                                              Message 30 of 30 , Jun 28, 2017
                                                                Likewise, really enjoyed my time there. And hope Byomkesh the dog didn’t get too much of a stomach upset from scarfing down all the chips and dip.