RE: [sikmleaders] KM at 3M

  • Kaplan, Bill
    Message 1 of 52 , Jun 19, 2008

      I would suggest considering a multiple set of candidate sponsors if this is the approach taken.

      William S. Kaplan, CPCM

      Chief Knowledge Officer

      Acquisition Solutions, Inc.

      (w) 703.253.6313

      (c)  571.238.9878

      "Knowledge at Work"

      The information contained in this message may be privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this message, and then delete it from your computer.

      From: stangarfield@...
      Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 15:59:05 +0000
      Subject: [sikmleaders] KM at 3M

      TO: SIKM Leaders Community

      Yesterday we held our 35th monthly call.  Here is a summary.

      Attendees

      1. Stephanie Barnes
      2. Sushma Bharathi
      3. Jim Coogan
      4. Allan Crawford
      5. Barry Dayton
      6. Raj Datta
      7. Marcus Funke
      8. Stan Garfield
      9. Yao Ge
      10. Andrew Gent
      11. Nat Girish
      12. Sue Hanley
      13. Felix Harling
      14. John Hovell
      15. Linda Hummel
      16. Gian Jagai
      17. Tara Keithley
      18. Mike Koffman
      19. Dee Anne Kotzur
      20. Linda Macchi
      21. Darcy MacPherson
      22. Doug Madgic
      23. Mark May
      24. John McQuary
      25. Mark Neff
      26. Kate Pugh
      27. Tom Short
      28. Dave Staughton
      29. Sanjay Swarup
      30. Peter West

      The call featured Barry Dayton on "KM at 3M."  Barry's presentation is available at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sikmleaders/files/KM%20at%203M%20-%20SIKM%206-17-08.pdf .  The call was recorded and can be listened to at http://www.divshare.com/download/4761833-29a .  Thanks to Barry for presenting.

      Here are some comments from the participants:

      • "Good sharing once again!"
      • "Great discussion!"

      You can continue the discussion in the Yahoo! Group by replying to this thread.

      If you are willing to give a presentation on a future call, please send a note to stangarfield@... with the topic and the desired month.

      Future Calls

      • July 15, 2008:  Steve Wieneke of GM - "Replacing a Lessons Learned Database with a Visible Learning Process"
      • August 19, 2008: Marc Solomon - "Content supply? Meet Knowledge Demand - PRTM's KM experience"
      • September 16, 2008: Hubert Saint-Onge - "Collaboration and the New Enterprise"
      • October 21, 2008: Richard McDermott - "Developing, Deepening and Retaining Expertise"
      • November 18, 2008: John Hovell of ManTech - "KM at ManTech International"
      • December 16, 2008 Raj Datta of MindTree - "Building a knowledge ecosystem"
      • January 20, 2009 Bernadette Boas - "Day in the Life of Business Workflow"
      • February 17, 2009 Arthur Shelley - "Impacts of behavior on project outcomes (with an emphasis on knowledge transfer)"
      • March 17, 2009 Al Simard - "Knowledge services framework developed by Natural Resources Canada"

      Regards,

      Stan

      Community Information

      How to change your email address:

      • When joining this community, you may have thought that you needed to use a Yahoo! email address.  In fact, you can use any email address you like.
      • If you used an email address which you don't regularly check, and would like to change to a better one, follow these instructions.
      • Under Email Address:
        • Choose the email address that you would like group messages sent to (you can add an email address if the one you want is not listed).
        • Click on a valid email address.
        • Click on the blue "Save Changes" button at the bottom.

      The i’m Talkathon starts 6/24/08.  For now, give amongst yourselves. Learn More

    • Valdis Krebs
      Message 52 of 52 , Jul 20, 2008
        Matt,

        Thank you and others on this List for motivating me to "reconsider"
        Twitter. It was this List and several other places that pointed me to
        Twitter all in the span of a few days. Then when Apple released a new
        Twitter program for the iPhone, I thought... might as well try it out.

        I started to "tweet" a week ago and am now a convert... here I blog
        about the conversion process...
        http://www.thenetworkthinker.com/2008/07/twitter.html

        Thanks!

        Valdis