Fwd: from Marsha Skrypuch

  • Paul W Goldschmidt
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 12 3:51 PM
      An email I received over the weekend. She has given me permission to post
      it. Can anyone help?

      >Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 21:21:31 -0400
      >From: Marsha Skrypuch <marsha@...>
      >
      >I happened upon your pages while doing a search on Eastern Europe in the
      >Middle Ages. I am a children's author and am currently doing preliminary
      >research for a novel about Roxolana, who was born in 1505 in Rohatyn,
      >Galicia, was taken as a slave during Tatar raids and ended up marrying
      >Suleyman the Magnificent, Sultan of the Ottoman Empire.
      >
      >While there are sources about her once she met up with Suleyman, her early
      >life has not been documented. My novel will focus on her early years in
      >Rohatyn as the daughter of an Orthodox priest, and also her years in
      >captivity before she ends up in the Sultan's harem.
      >
      >I am looking for information on what her daily life would have been like
      >in Rohatyn. I am also looking for information on what it would have been
      >like for a young girl to have been taken captive by the Tatars and been
      >sold as a slave.
      >
      >Thanks so much,
      >Marsha
    • rosanne rabinowitz
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 13 2:26 AM
        Hi,

        Well, sorry to say I can't really help with the period and location. However, I would be very pleased to see another novelist on
        this list! Out of curioiusity, are there any others already on it?

        BTW, I'm still plugging away at that Bohemian Adamite novel...

        Rosanne

        http://datingsearch.lycos.com