Lente, question on dress

  • Daria Hayman
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2005
      http://homepage.mac.com/festive_attyre/gallery/ghirlandaio/index.html

      I agree with you that the dress in the images is Italian in style, probably late 15th century Florentine. If you click on the above site you can see Jen Thompson's version of the same dress. She also includes a picture gallery of other examples from art.

      I've been researching "Polish" garb for the same time period and the style of dress is very similar with only subtle changes in shape. The similarities are the laced sleeves and bodice front.

      Magdalena Gdanska

      Beati pacifici quoniam filii Dei vocabuntur.
      Matthaeus 5:9