Re: Re[2]: [sig] priveski

  • Susan Koziel
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 22, 2005
      --- Lisa Kies <lkies@...> wrote:
      > I have not yet seen a source on the Rus discussing
      > or depicting stylized ducks,
      > horse, axes, crescent moons, etc. attached to
      > headdresses, only the more
      > circular "kolti". I cannot speak for other European
      > or Eastern cultures.

      Unless Alex is meaning the pictures enameled on the
      kolti...

      I think the terms we are using and the terms in Alex's
      dictionary might be not defined as specifically as we
      are defining them.

      Anyhow, sorry to start the argument. And thanks for
      the information on how the priveski/podveski differ
      from what the 'viking' persona's around here are
      wearing.
      :)

      -Kataryna