Re[2]: [sig] Digest Number 1688

  • Alexey Kiyaikin aka Posadnik
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 18, 2005
      Greetings!
      > When Alex wrote;
      > > I am afraid the "dance word" was born about
      > > 1960s-1980s, when Soviet dance and singing ensembles
      > > performed abroad. I DO remember some dance
      > > performance on the music of the song Korobushka.
      >
      > I think he means the word Korobushka as a name for a
      > dance, when he uses the term "dance word". Is this
      > right, Alex?

      Yes.
      As, during most of 20 century in Russia, "Korobushka" was understood exclusively as a popular SONG. Sung by many famous singers. The popular Soviet dance ensembles of 1950-1980s used to create their own dance performances on popular folk tunes. This may be the reason Korobushka was ever meant as a dance.

      Bye,
      Alex