RE: [sig] Re: czech language
- THANK YOU!!! That is exactly what I was after!
A "hook" meaning like a �, or a ~, or a ? without the .
From: Alastair Millar [mailto:alastair@...]
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2005 6:24 AM
Subject: [sig] Re: czech language
A big, or better still a HUGE, banner saying "CESI DO TOHO!" (with a
hook over the C and S) would almost certainly make his day.
It translates best as "Come on you Czechs", and is the rallying cry
for Czech ice hockey fans at all international matches.
Alastair Millar BSc(Hons) - http://www.skriptorium.info
= Translation & consultancy for the heritage industry =
Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
etflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here
Yahoo! Groups Links
* To visit your group on the web, go to:
* To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
* Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> Terms of Service.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
- Thanks to the fact that 8-bit e-mail can only handle 7-bit characters,
I'm not sure that the letters will reproduce properly, but...
upper case: Č lower case: č
upper case: lower case:
Descriptively, the 'hook' is a like a small letter v over the top of
the letter (NOT upside down as in French!).
Hope this helps