Alexy's post about Lithuanian Hoods

  • Daria Hayman
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2 4:34 AM
      I am also interested in more information on this. Alexy, if you don't post to the whole list, please send also me details at my email. I came across some Polish prints either from Racinet or Braun and Schneider, both of which are regarded as less than accurate, with a hooded type head covering.

      Be well
      Magdalena

      Beati pacifici quoniam filii Dei vocabuntur.
      Matthaeus 5:9

    • Alexey Kiyaikin aka Posadnik
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3 12:48 AM
        Greetings!

        > I am also interested in more information on this. Alexy, if you don't post to the whole list, please send also me
        Sorry, I am kinda competent in Volga-Dnieper region, a bit acquainted with the Siberian Steppe wear, but I am no knowledge source about Lithuania. Baltia was far beyond my area of interest which was Volga-Don steppes. All I have at hand is a brief conspect a monography on of Baltian war gear of VI-VIII centuries AD, and some articles in Rodina magazine about Lithuanian history (Dmitry, if you read this, - I am awfully sorry, but I have just re-requested your postal address from Pavel Popov, after my whole database went down a year ago, see Pavel too seldom to ask for one earlier. But your Rodinas are atill ready to be posted to you).

        details at my email. I came across some Polish prints either from Racinet or Braun and Schneider, both of which are regarded as less than accurate, with a hooded type head covering.

        bye,
        Alex.