Re: All-Slavic Council Of Native Faith Believers

  • krofnic
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 28, 2005
      > No, I'm not the moderator. I'm just saying that we are now off-
      topic.

      We do believe that the human is a fine balance between spirit and
      materia and that it is not always evolutive to separate that two
      aspects. We are trying to give some higher profile to tihs
      discussion, that's all! :)

      Zhivosila i Silan
    • Alastair Millar
      Message 2 of 23 , Mar 2, 2005
        krofnic writes

        > We do believe that [snip]

        Nevertheless, as has already been made clear, this is NOT the right
        place to talk about current religious practices.

        Two points in regard to this, and to counter the obvious arguments:

        1. I do not believe that the modern version of the Slavic pagan/native
        religion is the same as the medieval... in the same was as I do not
        believe that modern Catholicism is the same as medieval Catholicism.
        Entirely different beasts.

        2. Current religious practice is NOT the same as re-enactment of ancient
        religious practice, however similar the two may be (and I'm thinking
        here in particular of that Czech group, where joining requires adoption
        of an "ancient Slavic name" - sound familiar, anyone? - and the fact
        that some people/speakers in the photographs of the Ukrainian meeting
        were in "folk dress").

        > We are trying to give some higher profile to tihs
        > discussion, that's all! :)

        What you will achieve, however, is an argument.

        Alastair

        Alastair Millar BSc(Hons) - http://www.skriptorium.info
        = Translation & consultancy for the heritage industry =