Estrella Kievian Russian clothing class

    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 9, 2005
      Does anyone have any information or familiarity with
      either this class or this teacher? Inquiring minds
      want to know....
      'dok

      Early Russian Costuming and and Accessories
      (986-1250AD)
      Lady Ianuk Raventhorne

      This will be a comprehensive class on both men's and
      women's fashions of the Rus including headgear. Many
      examples will be shown. Pattern booklets for all who
      come to the class. This is for the beginner through
      advanced costrumer or for those just interested in
      Eastern Europe.
      (Class limit 15)

      http://my.yahoo.com
    • Lisa Kies
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 9, 2005
        X-JumpGate Networks Webmail - Mason City, Iowa: Originating-IP

        I just did a quick search on Yahoo! for "lady ianuk raventhorne" and got
        several hits. She seems to have originally been from Northshield. She was the
        Seneschal of the Barony of Tir Ysgithr as of Nov 2004, has some Russian things
        pictured in an A&S competition that popped up on the search, and another site
        listed her as follows:

        Ianuk Raventhorne
        Award Name Date Misc. Info
        Fleur de Soleil 11/13/2004
        Sirviente del Sol 8/15/2004
        Flower of the Desert 1/18/2003
        Award of Arms 4/15/2000 Middle
        Queens Cypher 5/4/2002
        Fellowship of the Boar-Vert 1/12/2003
        Fellowship of the Boar-Argent 9/20/2003 Sean & Brighed

        Now I wish I could go to Estrella.

        Sofya la Rus

        ***> JumpGate Networks - Mason City, Iowa <***
        ***> Voice: 641-424-5307 Fax: 641-424-5346 <***
        ***> www.jumpgate.net <***
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 9, 2005
          Good Cousins,
          Would either of you be traveling to Estrella this
          month? Lady Sofya and I were having the conversation
          below and the three of you really comprise the leading
          edge. I know of others who are curently doing great
          things too but you are all active on the web also,
          which benefits everyone and this really is an exciting
          focus!
          Best Wishes,
          'dok

          Sofya,
          So, she has service, arts and fighting
          awards....doesn't mean that we can't get copies of her
          manual. Maybe you and Preslava and Tatjana should
          critique this manual? The three of you are my idea of
          the Triumvirate on this subject currently. I'm
          interested but definitely a neophyte. 'dok
          --- Lisa Kies <lkies@...> wrote:

          > X-JumpGate Networks Webmail - Mason City, Iowa:
          > Originating-IP
          >
          > I just did a quick search on Yahoo! for "lady ianuk
          > raventhorne" and got
          > several hits. She seems to have originally been
          > from Northshield. She was the
          > Seneschal of the Barony of Tir Ysgithr as of Nov
          > 2004, has some Russian things
          > pictured in an A&S competition that popped up on the
          > search, and another site
          > listed her as follows:
          >
          > Ianuk Raventhorne
          > Award Name Date Misc. Info
          > Fleur de Soleil 11/13/2004
          > Sirviente del Sol 8/15/2004
          > Flower of the Desert 1/18/2003
          > Award of Arms 4/15/2000 Middle
          > Queens Cypher 5/4/2002
          > Fellowship of the Boar-Vert 1/12/2003
          > Fellowship of the Boar-Argent 9/20/2003 Sean &
          > Brighed
          >
          > Now I wish I could go to Estrella.
          >
          > Sofya la Rus

          > ***> JumpGate Networks - Mason City, Iowa <***
          > ***> Voice: 641-424-5307 Fax: 641-424-5346 <***
          > ***> www.jumpgate.net <***
          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
        • Lente
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 9, 2005
            well the class is on thursday at noon, soo I might actually remember that
            and make it over for the class, no fighting then right? so in theory I can
            leave the kiddos with grandma and daddy and make it to the class. I will
            try.

            Kathws

            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 9, 2005
              Lente,
              How great are you? I can't speak for anyone else but
              if you could get me contact info. I'd like to get a
              copy for my own info. Is that possible?
              'dok

              http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
            • Lente
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 11, 2005
                Ack, sorry for not replying before, last minute sewing and having a cold the
                week before have thrown me into a tailspin this week. Basically I will try
                and get contact info, handout (I will also ask about passing it on) and
                possibly photos of the clothing she will be showing. Will that help?

                Kathws

                Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 5:36 PM
                Lente,
                --- Lente <lente@...> wrote:
                > well the class is on thursday at noon, soo I might actually remember that
                > and make it over for the class, no fighting then right? so in theory I can
                > leave the kiddos with grandma and daddy and make it to the class. I will
                > try.
              • L. Williams

                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 11, 2005
                    You are the best! Its way more than I had hoped for!
                    Thank yuo (X 1000).
                    'dok
                    --- Lente <lente@...> wrote:

                    > Ack, sorry for not replying before, last minute
                    > sewing and having a cold the
                    > week before have thrown me into a tailspin this
                    > week. Basically I will try
                    > and get contact info, handout (I will also ask about
                    > passing it on) and
                    > possibly photos of the clothing she will be showing.
                    > Will that help?
                    >
                    > Kathws
                    >
                    > Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 5:36 PM
                    > Lente,
                    > How great are you? I can't speak for anyone else but
                    > if you could get me contact info. I'd like to get a
                    > copy for my own info. Is that possible?
                    > 'dok
                    > --- Lente <lente@...> wrote:
                    > > well the class is on thursday at noon, soo I might
                    > actually remember that
                    > > and make it over for the class, no fighting then
                    > right? so in theory I can
                    > > leave the kiddos with grandma and daddy and make
                    > it to the class. I will
                    > > try.

                    http://my.yahoo.com
                  • Lente
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 11, 2005
                      no problem, can you tell we got a digital camera for our christmas gift (DH
                      and me)? the film camera is too big to lug all over war.

                      Evilly rubbing hands together I can get pictures of everything! Ah hah hah!