Re: excelent book - ukrainian chronicle clothing

  • Seonaid13
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 4, 2005
      I know I'm late in getting back to this, but thank you so much,
      Cezar, for the pictures - every day I drool over them! :D

      I would be interested in ordering this book, if you know of a way to
      get it.
      --Sfandra

      --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Cezary Wyszynski" <cezar@c...> wrote:

      > [clip your posts -- Moderator]
      >
      > Hello
      >
      > This book has 350 pages similar (in text and colorfull drawings
      amount) to those I put on my server.
      > than there is a summary in english for about 10 pages,
      > than for about another 90 pages there are translations into english
      of all drawing's descriptions from that book

      > 80 $ it was year ago .. unfortunately from this time $ fell down
      for about 25 % in relation to polish currency
      http://waluty.onet.pl/NN,22,1Y,wykres.html
      > I am not sure how much $ fell down in relation to other european
      currencies .. but should be similar
      > but anyway I have no idea what happened with ukrainian/amercian
      currencies relationship .. since there was also a hard time for
      Ukraina last months

      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 9, 2005
        Does anyone have any information or familiarity with
        either this class or this teacher? Inquiring minds
        want to know....
        'dok

        Early Russian Costuming and and Accessories
        (986-1250AD)
        Lady Ianuk Raventhorne

        This will be a comprehensive class on both men's and
        women's fashions of the Rus including headgear. Many
        examples will be shown. Pattern booklets for all who
        come to the class. This is for the beginner through
        advanced costrumer or for those just interested in
        Eastern Europe.
        (Class limit 15)

        http://my.yahoo.com
      • Lisa Kies
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 9, 2005
          X-JumpGate Networks Webmail - Mason City, Iowa: Originating-IP

          I just did a quick search on Yahoo! for "lady ianuk raventhorne" and got
          several hits. She seems to have originally been from Northshield. She was the
          Seneschal of the Barony of Tir Ysgithr as of Nov 2004, has some Russian things
          pictured in an A&S competition that popped up on the search, and another site
          listed her as follows:

          Ianuk Raventhorne
          Award Name Date Misc. Info
          Fleur de Soleil 11/13/2004
          Sirviente del Sol 8/15/2004
          Flower of the Desert 1/18/2003
          Award of Arms 4/15/2000 Middle
          Queens Cypher 5/4/2002
          Fellowship of the Boar-Vert 1/12/2003
          Fellowship of the Boar-Argent 9/20/2003 Sean & Brighed

          Now I wish I could go to Estrella.

          Sofya la Rus

          ***> JumpGate Networks - Mason City, Iowa <***
          ***> Voice: 641-424-5307 Fax: 641-424-5346 <***
          ***> www.jumpgate.net <***
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 9, 2005
            Good Cousins,
            Would either of you be traveling to Estrella this
            month? Lady Sofya and I were having the conversation
            below and the three of you really comprise the leading
            edge. I know of others who are curently doing great
            things too but you are all active on the web also,
            which benefits everyone and this really is an exciting
            focus!
            Best Wishes,
            'dok

            Sofya,
            So, she has service, arts and fighting
            awards....doesn't mean that we can't get copies of her
            manual. Maybe you and Preslava and Tatjana should
            critique this manual? The three of you are my idea of
            the Triumvirate on this subject currently. I'm
            interested but definitely a neophyte. 'dok
            --- Lisa Kies <lkies@...> wrote:

            > X-JumpGate Networks Webmail - Mason City, Iowa:
            > Originating-IP
            >
            > I just did a quick search on Yahoo! for "lady ianuk
            > raventhorne" and got
            > several hits. She seems to have originally been
            > from Northshield. She was the
            > Seneschal of the Barony of Tir Ysgithr as of Nov
            > 2004, has some Russian things
            > pictured in an A&S competition that popped up on the
            > search, and another site
            > listed her as follows:
            >
            > Ianuk Raventhorne
            > Award Name Date Misc. Info
            > Fleur de Soleil 11/13/2004
            > Sirviente del Sol 8/15/2004
            > Flower of the Desert 1/18/2003
            > Award of Arms 4/15/2000 Middle
            > Queens Cypher 5/4/2002
            > Fellowship of the Boar-Vert 1/12/2003
            > Fellowship of the Boar-Argent 9/20/2003 Sean &
            > Brighed
            >
            > Now I wish I could go to Estrella.
            >
            > Sofya la Rus

            > ***> JumpGate Networks - Mason City, Iowa <***
            > ***> Voice: 641-424-5307 Fax: 641-424-5346 <***
            > ***> www.jumpgate.net <***
            http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
          • Lente
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 9, 2005
              well the class is on thursday at noon, soo I might actually remember that
              and make it over for the class, no fighting then right? so in theory I can
              leave the kiddos with grandma and daddy and make it to the class. I will
              try.

              Kathws

              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 9, 2005
                Lente,
                How great are you? I can't speak for anyone else but
                if you could get me contact info. I'd like to get a
                copy for my own info. Is that possible?
                'dok

                http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
              • Lente
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 11, 2005
                  Ack, sorry for not replying before, last minute sewing and having a cold the
                  week before have thrown me into a tailspin this week. Basically I will try
                  and get contact info, handout (I will also ask about passing it on) and
                  possibly photos of the clothing she will be showing. Will that help?

                  Kathws

                  Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 5:36 PM
                  Lente,
                  --- Lente <lente@...> wrote:
                  > well the class is on thursday at noon, soo I might actually remember that
                  > and make it over for the class, no fighting then right? so in theory I can
                  > leave the kiddos with grandma and daddy and make it to the class. I will
                  > try.
                • L. Williams

                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 11, 2005
                      You are the best! Its way more than I had hoped for!
                      Thank yuo (X 1000).
                      'dok
                      --- Lente <lente@...> wrote:

                      > Ack, sorry for not replying before, last minute
                      > sewing and having a cold the
                      > week before have thrown me into a tailspin this
                      > week. Basically I will try
                      > and get contact info, handout (I will also ask about
                      > passing it on) and
                      > possibly photos of the clothing she will be showing.
                      > Will that help?
                      >
                      > Kathws
                      >
                      > Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 5:36 PM
                      > Lente,
                      > How great are you? I can't speak for anyone else but
                      > if you could get me contact info. I'd like to get a
                      > copy for my own info. Is that possible?
                      > 'dok
                      > --- Lente <lente@...> wrote:
                      > > well the class is on thursday at noon, soo I might
                      > actually remember that
                      > > and make it over for the class, no fighting then
                      > right? so in theory I can
                      > > leave the kiddos with grandma and daddy and make
                      > it to the class. I will
                      > > try.

                      http://my.yahoo.com
                    • Lente
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 11, 2005
                        no problem, can you tell we got a digital camera for our christmas gift (DH
                        and me)? the film camera is too big to lug all over war.

                        Evilly rubbing hands together I can get pictures of everything! Ah hah hah!