Re: [sig] saints

  • Tracy Kremer
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 24, 2005
      > Sorry you feel that way. I'm just the messenger.
      .... The point is, I'm
      > trying to WARN someone that
      > if they want to do something on iconography, they
      > need to find a source that
      > won't offend some of the readership, or worse,
      > convince the readership that they
      > don't know what they're talking about.....
      >
      > Effingham

      Seems fair enough to me, especially since "tone of
      voice" does not translate well into the written word
      and misunderstandings of attitudes are easy to stumble
      in to.
      Fortunately, if someone wants to use this debated icon
      painter in a vigil or home in the SCA, those few who
      are likely to know the facts are not likely to be the
      ones to object. A note that some catholics might
      object in any book or booklet written on the subject
      is probably a good idea.

      Eluned

      =====

      CONTACT ME FOR CUST0M NECKLACES! For SCA, New Age, and all lovers of amber and semiprecious stones...silver only, no gold.

      http://www.secfi.org/concarolinas for all you Southeastern science fiction fans!

      for good webcomics! http://www.schlockmercenary.com http://www.kevinandkell.com

      http://my.yahoo.com