Re: [sig] excelent book - ukrainian chronicle clothing

  • L. Williams
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 23, 2005
      Dear Cezary,

      Thank you for posting these pictures! Bless you even! My mind is already
      planning my next garb outfit!
      Lisa W.

      > "Ukrainian chronicle of clothing part 1" (from prehistoric to 13 c) ..
      > it has about 450 pages with a lot !!! of colorful drawings on each page
      > ..
      >
      > I have just took 17 pictures of some pages for you .. please find them
      here:

      > http://azor.cisovanet.pl/inne/ukrainian_clothing_01.jpg
      > http://azor.cisovanet.pl/inne/ukrainian_clothing_02.jpg
      > ... change the ending of hyperlink from 3 to 16
      > http://azor.cisovanet.pl/inne/ukrainian_clothing_17.jpg
    • Tracy Kremer
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 24, 2005
        "Cezary Wyszynski" <cezar@...> wrote;
        "I would like to recommend you excellent book issued
        last year in Ukraina"

        "I have just took 17 pictures of some pages for you ..
        please find them here:"

        Cezary, these pictures are gorgeous! Absolutely
        beautiful source-material! Thank you so much for
        putting them up; I will hurry over to my local library
        to print out several of them that will help me and
        that our local SCA clothing expert will treasure when
        I pass them on to her.
        If the rest of the book is like this, it is well worth
        the $80 you spent on it - thank you for sharing it
        with us.

        Eluned

        =====

        CONTACT ME FOR CUST0M NECKLACES! For SCA, New Age, and all lovers of amber and semiprecious stones...silver only, no gold.

        http://www.secfi.org/concarolinas for all you Southeastern science fiction fans!

        for good webcomics! http://www.schlockmercenary.com http://www.kevinandkell.com

        The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
        http://my.yahoo.com
      • Cezary Wyszynski
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 31, 2005
          [clip your posts -- Moderator]

          Hello

          This book has 350 pages similar (in text and colorfull drawings amount) to those I put on my server.
          than there is a summary in english for about 10 pages,
          than for about another 90 pages there are translations into english of all drawing's descriptions from that book

          80 $ it was year ago .. unfortunately from this time $ fell down for about 25 % in relation to polish currency
          you can see it here on a graph : http://waluty.onet.pl/NN,22,1Y,wykres.html
          I am not sure how much $ fell down in relation to other european currencies .. but should be similar
          but anyway I have no idea what happened with ukrainian/amercian currencies relationship .. since there was also a hard time for Ukraina last months

          best regards
          Cezary Wyszynski

          [clip your posts -- Moderator]
        • Seonaid13
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 4, 2005
            I know I'm late in getting back to this, but thank you so much,
            Cezar, for the pictures - every day I drool over them! :D

            I would be interested in ordering this book, if you know of a way to
            get it.
            --Sfandra

            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 9, 2005
              Does anyone have any information or familiarity with
              either this class or this teacher? Inquiring minds
              want to know....
              'dok

              Early Russian Costuming and and Accessories
              (986-1250AD)
              Lady Ianuk Raventhorne

              This will be a comprehensive class on both men's and
              women's fashions of the Rus including headgear. Many
              examples will be shown. Pattern booklets for all who
              come to the class. This is for the beginner through
              advanced costrumer or for those just interested in
              Eastern Europe.
              (Class limit 15)

              http://my.yahoo.com
            • Lisa Kies
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 9, 2005
                X-JumpGate Networks Webmail - Mason City, Iowa: Originating-IP

                I just did a quick search on Yahoo! for "lady ianuk raventhorne" and got
                several hits. She seems to have originally been from Northshield. She was the
                Seneschal of the Barony of Tir Ysgithr as of Nov 2004, has some Russian things
                pictured in an A&S competition that popped up on the search, and another site
                listed her as follows:

                Ianuk Raventhorne
                Award Name Date Misc. Info
                Fleur de Soleil 11/13/2004
                Sirviente del Sol 8/15/2004
                Flower of the Desert 1/18/2003
                Award of Arms 4/15/2000 Middle
                Queens Cypher 5/4/2002
                Fellowship of the Boar-Vert 1/12/2003
                Fellowship of the Boar-Argent 9/20/2003 Sean & Brighed

                Now I wish I could go to Estrella.

                Sofya la Rus

                ***> JumpGate Networks - Mason City, Iowa <***
                ***> Voice: 641-424-5307 Fax: 641-424-5346 <***
                ***> www.jumpgate.net <***
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 9, 2005
                  Good Cousins,
                  Would either of you be traveling to Estrella this
                  month? Lady Sofya and I were having the conversation
                  below and the three of you really comprise the leading
                  edge. I know of others who are curently doing great
                  things too but you are all active on the web also,
                  which benefits everyone and this really is an exciting
                  focus!
                  Best Wishes,
                  'dok

                  Sofya,
                  So, she has service, arts and fighting
                  awards....doesn't mean that we can't get copies of her
                  manual. Maybe you and Preslava and Tatjana should
                  critique this manual? The three of you are my idea of
                  the Triumvirate on this subject currently. I'm
                  interested but definitely a neophyte. 'dok
                  --- Lisa Kies <lkies@...> wrote:

                  > X-JumpGate Networks Webmail - Mason City, Iowa:
                  > Originating-IP
                  >
                  > I just did a quick search on Yahoo! for "lady ianuk
                  > raventhorne" and got
                  > several hits. She seems to have originally been
                  > from Northshield. She was the
                  > Seneschal of the Barony of Tir Ysgithr as of Nov
                  > 2004, has some Russian things
                  > pictured in an A&S competition that popped up on the
                  > search, and another site
                  > listed her as follows:
                  >
                  > Ianuk Raventhorne
                  > Award Name Date Misc. Info
                  > Fleur de Soleil 11/13/2004
                  > Sirviente del Sol 8/15/2004
                  > Flower of the Desert 1/18/2003
                  > Award of Arms 4/15/2000 Middle
                  > Queens Cypher 5/4/2002
                  > Fellowship of the Boar-Vert 1/12/2003
                  > Fellowship of the Boar-Argent 9/20/2003 Sean &
                  > Brighed
                  >
                  > Now I wish I could go to Estrella.
                  >
                  > Sofya la Rus

                  > ***> JumpGate Networks - Mason City, Iowa <***
                  > ***> Voice: 641-424-5307 Fax: 641-424-5346 <***
                  > ***> www.jumpgate.net <***
                  http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                • Lente
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 9, 2005
                    well the class is on thursday at noon, soo I might actually remember that
                    and make it over for the class, no fighting then right? so in theory I can
                    leave the kiddos with grandma and daddy and make it to the class. I will
                    try.

                    Kathws

                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 9, 2005
                      Lente,
                      How great are you? I can't speak for anyone else but
                      if you could get me contact info. I'd like to get a
                      copy for my own info. Is that possible?
                      'dok

                      http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
                    • Lente
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 11, 2005
                        Ack, sorry for not replying before, last minute sewing and having a cold the
                        week before have thrown me into a tailspin this week. Basically I will try
                        and get contact info, handout (I will also ask about passing it on) and
                        possibly photos of the clothing she will be showing. Will that help?

                        Kathws

                        Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 5:36 PM
                        Lente,
                        --- Lente <lente@...> wrote:
                        > well the class is on thursday at noon, soo I might actually remember that
                        > and make it over for the class, no fighting then right? so in theory I can
                        > leave the kiddos with grandma and daddy and make it to the class. I will
                        > try.
                      • L. Williams

                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 11, 2005
                            You are the best! Its way more than I had hoped for!
                            Thank yuo (X 1000).
                            'dok
                            --- Lente <lente@...> wrote:

                            > Ack, sorry for not replying before, last minute
                            > sewing and having a cold the
                            > week before have thrown me into a tailspin this
                            > week. Basically I will try
                            > and get contact info, handout (I will also ask about
                            > passing it on) and
                            > possibly photos of the clothing she will be showing.
                            > Will that help?
                            >
                            > Kathws
                            >
                            > Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 5:36 PM
                            > Lente,
                            > How great are you? I can't speak for anyone else but
                            > if you could get me contact info. I'd like to get a
                            > copy for my own info. Is that possible?
                            > 'dok
                            > --- Lente <lente@...> wrote:
                            > > well the class is on thursday at noon, soo I might
                            > actually remember that
                            > > and make it over for the class, no fighting then
                            > right? so in theory I can
                            > > leave the kiddos with grandma and daddy and make
                            > it to the class. I will
                            > > try.

                            http://my.yahoo.com
                          • Lente
                            Message 13 of 14 , Feb 11, 2005
                              no problem, can you tell we got a digital camera for our christmas gift (DH
                              and me)? the film camera is too big to lug all over war.

                              Evilly rubbing hands together I can get pictures of everything! Ah hah hah!