thesis

  • bphall76@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 23, 2005
      Does any one know how you get copies of a doctoral thesis? I found a mention
      of one called "Novgorod in the Early Middle Ages: The Rise and Fall of an
      Urban Community" (Oxford 1977) by Nikolai Dejevsky.

      Thanks

      Vasilisa Myshkina
      Glymm Mere, An TIr

    • goldschp@tds.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 24, 2005
        For US Dissertations, try UMI:

        http://www.umi.com/umi/dissertations/individuals.shtml

        Not so sure about Oxford though...

        -- Paul

        > From: bphall76@...
        > Date: 2005/01/24 Mon AM 04:15:57 GMT
        > To: sig@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [sig] thesis
        >

        > Does any one know how you get copies of a doctoral thesis? I found a mention
        > of one called "Novgorod in the Early Middle Ages: The Rise and Fall of an
        > Urban Community" (Oxford 1977) by Nikolai Dejevsky.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Vasilisa Myshkina
        > Glymm Mere, An TIr

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Susan Koziel
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 24, 2005
          The set of Thesis I got, I bought off the candidate
          directly.
          If you can find an email for the author, they usually
          have copies for sale. Alternately, contact the
          university that the person wrote the thesis at.
          -Kataryna
        • susannah53
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 24, 2005
            --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, bphall76@a... wrote:

            > Does any one know how you get copies of a doctoral thesis?

            I've gotten theses through Interlibrary Loan. I suppose it would
            depend on your librarians; ours are incredibly helpful and sometimes
            have done nationwide searches for books I've requested.

            Susannah