excelent book - ukrainian chronicle clothing

  • Cezary Wyszynski
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 22, 2005
      Hello

      Regarding to your questions about kievan womens headdresses, kievan
      embroidery etc.
      I would like to recommend you excellent book issued last year in Ukraina

      "Ukrainian chronicle of clothing part 1" (from prehistoric to 13 c) ..
      it has about 450 pages with a lot !!! of colorful drawings on each page
      ..

      I have just took 17 pictures of some pages for you .. please find them here:

      http://azor.cisovanet.pl/inne/ukrainian_clothing_01.jpg
      http://azor.cisovanet.pl/inne/ukrainian_clothing_02.jpg
      ... change the ending of hyperlink from 3 to 16
      http://azor.cisovanet.pl/inne/ukrainian_clothing_17.jpg

      I paid a lot of money for this book .. about 80 $ , but its worth those
      money
      that book is only available in Ukraina.. I have a friend Ludmila there who
      bought it for me and sent by post
      If somebody is interested please ask me on private address and I will
      forward your message to my friend ...
      I received information from her that there are not so many books remained.
      It's unique, and she don't think it will be reprint in the nearest future.

      regards
      Cezar Wyszynski
    • L. Williams
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 23, 2005
        Dear Cezary,

        Thank you for posting these pictures! Bless you even! My mind is already
        planning my next garb outfit!
        Lisa W.

        > "Ukrainian chronicle of clothing part 1" (from prehistoric to 13 c) ..
        > it has about 450 pages with a lot !!! of colorful drawings on each page
        > ..
        >
        > I have just took 17 pictures of some pages for you .. please find them
        here:

        > http://azor.cisovanet.pl/inne/ukrainian_clothing_01.jpg
        > http://azor.cisovanet.pl/inne/ukrainian_clothing_02.jpg
        > ... change the ending of hyperlink from 3 to 16
        > http://azor.cisovanet.pl/inne/ukrainian_clothing_17.jpg
      • Tracy Kremer
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 24, 2005
          "Cezary Wyszynski" <cezar@...> wrote;
          "I would like to recommend you excellent book issued
          last year in Ukraina"

          "I have just took 17 pictures of some pages for you ..
          please find them here:"

          Cezary, these pictures are gorgeous! Absolutely
          beautiful source-material! Thank you so much for
          putting them up; I will hurry over to my local library
          to print out several of them that will help me and
          that our local SCA clothing expert will treasure when
          I pass them on to her.
          If the rest of the book is like this, it is well worth
          the $80 you spent on it - thank you for sharing it
          with us.

          Eluned

          =====

          CONTACT ME FOR CUST0M NECKLACES! For SCA, New Age, and all lovers of amber and semiprecious stones...silver only, no gold.

          http://www.secfi.org/concarolinas for all you Southeastern science fiction fans!

          for good webcomics! http://www.schlockmercenary.com http://www.kevinandkell.com

          The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
          http://my.yahoo.com
        • Cezary Wyszynski
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 31, 2005
            [clip your posts -- Moderator]

            Hello

            This book has 350 pages similar (in text and colorfull drawings amount) to those I put on my server.
            than there is a summary in english for about 10 pages,
            than for about another 90 pages there are translations into english of all drawing's descriptions from that book

            80 $ it was year ago .. unfortunately from this time $ fell down for about 25 % in relation to polish currency
            you can see it here on a graph : http://waluty.onet.pl/NN,22,1Y,wykres.html
            I am not sure how much $ fell down in relation to other european currencies .. but should be similar
            but anyway I have no idea what happened with ukrainian/amercian currencies relationship .. since there was also a hard time for Ukraina last months

            best regards
            Cezary Wyszynski

            [clip your posts -- Moderator]
          • Seonaid13
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 4, 2005
              I know I'm late in getting back to this, but thank you so much,
              Cezar, for the pictures - every day I drool over them! :D

              I would be interested in ordering this book, if you know of a way to
              get it.
              --Sfandra

              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 9, 2005
                Does anyone have any information or familiarity with
                either this class or this teacher? Inquiring minds
                want to know....
                'dok

                Early Russian Costuming and and Accessories
                (986-1250AD)
                Lady Ianuk Raventhorne

                This will be a comprehensive class on both men's and
                women's fashions of the Rus including headgear. Many
                examples will be shown. Pattern booklets for all who
                come to the class. This is for the beginner through
                advanced costrumer or for those just interested in
                Eastern Europe.
                (Class limit 15)

                http://my.yahoo.com
              • Lisa Kies
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 9, 2005
                  X-JumpGate Networks Webmail - Mason City, Iowa: Originating-IP

                  I just did a quick search on Yahoo! for "lady ianuk raventhorne" and got
                  several hits. She seems to have originally been from Northshield. She was the
                  Seneschal of the Barony of Tir Ysgithr as of Nov 2004, has some Russian things
                  pictured in an A&S competition that popped up on the search, and another site
                  listed her as follows:

                  Ianuk Raventhorne
                  Award Name Date Misc. Info
                  Fleur de Soleil 11/13/2004
                  Sirviente del Sol 8/15/2004
                  Flower of the Desert 1/18/2003
                  Award of Arms 4/15/2000 Middle
                  Queens Cypher 5/4/2002
                  Fellowship of the Boar-Vert 1/12/2003
                  Fellowship of the Boar-Argent 9/20/2003 Sean & Brighed

                  Now I wish I could go to Estrella.

                  Sofya la Rus

                  ***> JumpGate Networks - Mason City, Iowa <***
                  ***> Voice: 641-424-5307 Fax: 641-424-5346 <***
                  ***> www.jumpgate.net <***
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 9, 2005
                    Good Cousins,
                    Would either of you be traveling to Estrella this
                    month? Lady Sofya and I were having the conversation
                    below and the three of you really comprise the leading
                    edge. I know of others who are curently doing great
                    things too but you are all active on the web also,
                    which benefits everyone and this really is an exciting
                    focus!
                    Best Wishes,
                    'dok

                    Sofya,
                    So, she has service, arts and fighting
                    awards....doesn't mean that we can't get copies of her
                    manual. Maybe you and Preslava and Tatjana should
                    critique this manual? The three of you are my idea of
                    the Triumvirate on this subject currently. I'm
                    interested but definitely a neophyte. 'dok
                    --- Lisa Kies <lkies@...> wrote:

                    > X-JumpGate Networks Webmail - Mason City, Iowa:
                    > Originating-IP
                    >
                    > I just did a quick search on Yahoo! for "lady ianuk
                    > raventhorne" and got
                    > several hits. She seems to have originally been
                    > from Northshield. She was the
                    > Seneschal of the Barony of Tir Ysgithr as of Nov
                    > 2004, has some Russian things
                    > pictured in an A&S competition that popped up on the
                    > search, and another site
                    > listed her as follows:
                    >
                    > Ianuk Raventhorne
                    > Award Name Date Misc. Info
                    > Fleur de Soleil 11/13/2004
                    > Sirviente del Sol 8/15/2004
                    > Flower of the Desert 1/18/2003
                    > Award of Arms 4/15/2000 Middle
                    > Queens Cypher 5/4/2002
                    > Fellowship of the Boar-Vert 1/12/2003
                    > Fellowship of the Boar-Argent 9/20/2003 Sean &
                    > Brighed
                    >
                    > Now I wish I could go to Estrella.
                    >
                    > Sofya la Rus

                    > ***> JumpGate Networks - Mason City, Iowa <***
                    > ***> Voice: 641-424-5307 Fax: 641-424-5346 <***
                    > ***> www.jumpgate.net <***
                    http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                  • Lente
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 9, 2005
                      well the class is on thursday at noon, soo I might actually remember that
                      and make it over for the class, no fighting then right? so in theory I can
                      leave the kiddos with grandma and daddy and make it to the class. I will
                      try.

                      Kathws

                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 9, 2005
                        Lente,
                        How great are you? I can't speak for anyone else but
                        if you could get me contact info. I'd like to get a
                        copy for my own info. Is that possible?
                        'dok

                        http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
                      • Lente
                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 11, 2005
                          Ack, sorry for not replying before, last minute sewing and having a cold the
                          week before have thrown me into a tailspin this week. Basically I will try
                          and get contact info, handout (I will also ask about passing it on) and
                          possibly photos of the clothing she will be showing. Will that help?

                          Kathws

                          Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 5:36 PM
                          Lente,
                          --- Lente <lente@...> wrote:
                          > well the class is on thursday at noon, soo I might actually remember that
                          > and make it over for the class, no fighting then right? so in theory I can
                          > leave the kiddos with grandma and daddy and make it to the class. I will
                          > try.
                        • L. Williams

                            Message 13 of 14 , Feb 11, 2005
                              You are the best! Its way more than I had hoped for!
                              Thank yuo (X 1000).
                              'dok
                              --- Lente <lente@...> wrote:

                              > Ack, sorry for not replying before, last minute
                              > sewing and having a cold the
                              > week before have thrown me into a tailspin this
                              > week. Basically I will try
                              > and get contact info, handout (I will also ask about
                              > passing it on) and
                              > possibly photos of the clothing she will be showing.
                              > Will that help?
                              >
                              > Kathws
                              >
                              > Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 5:36 PM
                              > Lente,
                              > How great are you? I can't speak for anyone else but
                              > if you could get me contact info. I'd like to get a
                              > copy for my own info. Is that possible?
                              > 'dok
                              > --- Lente <lente@...> wrote:
                              > > well the class is on thursday at noon, soo I might
                              > actually remember that
                              > > and make it over for the class, no fighting then
                              > right? so in theory I can
                              > > leave the kiddos with grandma and daddy and make
                              > it to the class. I will
                              > > try.

                              http://my.yahoo.com
                            • Lente
                              Message 14 of 14 , Feb 11, 2005
                                no problem, can you tell we got a digital camera for our christmas gift (DH
                                and me)? the film camera is too big to lug all over war.

                                Evilly rubbing hands together I can get pictures of everything! Ah hah hah!