Buttons

  • bphall76@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 12, 2005
      Does anyone know if there has been a book or article published on Russian
      buttons from our period? I have a couple (buttons) that I picked up from an
      antiquarian and was hoping for more data than I can glean from them. BTW, they
      are 1.5 cm, bronze and spereoid both from the Staraya Ladoga area. One has bits
      of enamel left on it white, black (or dark blue, it's hard to tell even with
      a loupe) and yellow. That one is listed as 12-13th c. The other is hollow
      cast and guessed as 10-12th c and possibly of Finno-Urgrian origin.

      Thanks
      Vasilisa Myshkina
      Glymm Mere, An Tir