Re: [sig] Digest Number 1631

  • Tracy Kremer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2005
      > Well, he adopted the Byzantine double-headed eagle
      > after he married Sofia
      > Paleologia. Can't name anything else off the top of
      > my head
      >
      > Vasilisa Myshkina
      > Glymm Mere, An Tir

      Whisht, how many countries used that darn pesky
      two-headed eagle anyhow?! (Says one who has had to
      try to draw the thing).

      Eluned
      Salesberie Glen, Atlantia

      =====

      CONTACT ME FOR CUST0M NECKLACES! For SCA, New Age, and all lovers of amber and semiprecious stones...silver only, no gold.

      http://www.secfi.org/concarolinas for all you Southeastern science fiction fans!

      for good webcomics! http://www.schlockmercenary.com http://www.kevinandkell.com

      The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
      http://my.yahoo.com
    • Ben McGarr
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 9, 2005
        --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, Tracy Kremer <eluned_p@y...> wrote:
        > > Well, he adopted the Byzantine double-headed eagle
        > > after he married Sofia
        > > Paleologia. Can't name anything else off the top of
        > > my head
        > >
        > > Vasilisa Myshkina
        > > Glymm Mere, An Tir

        Dorogaya Vasilisa Prekrasnaya,

        It was Vanya's Grandad Ivan III Velikiy who wed the Greek lass, not
        himself! He married about six times I think, including firstly
        Anastasia Romanova, and lastly Mariya Nogaya from the Caucasus.

        Funnily enough, what with Ivan being quarter Greek, I have seen
        bronze casts of his bust made by the anthropologist Gerasimov from
        his disinterred skull, and he looks remarkably like the [extremely
        attractive] Russified Greek TV presenter here in Russia, Tina
        Kandalakis... I wonder has she been told of this?

        Benchik

        Mmmm, for his flag? Just the Moscow crest of St George killing the
        dragon on a red shield, stuck on the front of an eaglet?