Re: Re[2]: [sig] Re: Early scale armor in Eastern

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 16, 2004
      Got to agree with Alexi on the stiffness factor. Mine
      had the scale running across the bodyand laced down.
      However, 16th C baktherets scale runs the length of
      the body and has 3 holes at each end so the plates can
      be overlapped, only with chainmail links, which gives
      it the suppleness of chainmail. Heavy though. Period
      examples wieghed 15 to 17 Kilos whereas mine is 7
      kilos but fits very close to the body over my
      streethockey padding under my caftan.
      'dak
      --- Alexey Kiyaikin aka Posadnik <Posadnik@...>

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/LmiolB/TM