Re: [sig] Slavic Lord

  • Jenna Mitelman
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 24, 2004
      Which Slavic language are you actually looking for?
      Russian? Polish? Czech? A different one entirely?

      ~Aryenne
    • Mikhail Nikolaev
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 24, 2004
        This site: http://www.sca.org/heraldry/titles.html Has countless title
        equivalencies.

        Lord is Pomestnik in Russian, and Pan in Polish. They apparently did not
        find an equivalent in Czech as it is still listed as 'Lord' there.

        Happy Thanksgiving,
        Mikhail

        Lord Tous wrote:

        > Can anyone give me the equivilent of the title "Lord" in slavic?
        >
        > Thanks
        > Tous'
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • R.J. Clarke
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 24, 2004
          I'll play along:

          Serbian: Gospodar: Overseer, Boss, Landlord, Lord plus a few more.

          Gospodar Robert
          R.J.
          audax et celer

          >Can anyone give me the equivilent of the title "Lord" in slavic?
          >
          >Thanks
          >Tous'
        • Kresimir
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 24, 2004
            Different regions in Croatia have different ones, here's a couple:

            gospar, gospodin, gospod, gospodar, sjor (modern language
            terms)...the list goes on. Out of all of these the specific rank was
            used in adressing someone. The term lord or lords were used when one
            was speaking in plural about the upper ranks in society such as...
            in Croatian "Gospoda iz Nina su otisli u lov."
            in English "The lords from Nin went hunting."

            - In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Lord Tous" <tcunard@c...> wrote:

            > Can anyone give me the equivilent of the title "Lord" in slavic?
            >
            > Thanks
            > Tous'
          • Lord Tous
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 29, 2004
              Wow, thanks for the responces, despite my lack of clairity!

              Hungarian if you please.

              Thanks

              --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise