RE: [sig] Green Glass

  • Judwiga Czarna Pika
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 14, 2004
      I think, IIRC, Green glass is prized so highly because it is made with GOLD.
      Something about the chemistry. As far as I know, that is still true
      today, that gold is needed to make Green glass.
      Judwiga Czarna Pika

    • bphall76@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 14, 2004
        I thought gold was used in the production of RED glass. Don't know about green.

        Vasilisa Myshkina
        Glymm Mere, An Tir
      • Mikhail Nikolaev
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 14, 2004
          Indeed gold is used in making red glass, and green is made from iron
          oxide. Here's a list of pigments and such for glass:
          http://chemistry.about.com/cs/inorganic/a/aa032503a.htm

          -- Mikhail

          bphall76@... wrote:

          > I thought gold was used in the production of RED glass. Don't know about green.
          >
          > Vasilisa Myshkina
          > Glymm Mere, An Tir
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >

          > .

        • Ro Bourdeau
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 16, 2004
            I thought it was red glass that required gold for the coloring.

            -Ro