Feb: Slavic Tavern Event (SCA)

  • Fionnghuala of the White Hands
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 11, 2004
      Greetings to the populace!

      For those of you handy to NJ, there will be a 10th century Slavic
      tavern-themed event in February. (http://www.eastkingdom.org/event-
      detail.html?eid=972)

      Plans are in the works for Russian singers and Ukranian folk
      dancers. My Horde-brother will be serenading us with the bandura.
      There has been talk of a chess tournament, plus an A&S display table
      and/or competition. Please bring your Slavic handicrafts to show off
      to fellow revellers.

      Me, I've been asked to coordinate a Slavic brewing competition.
      There will be three categories: heavy- [mead] medium- [beer] and
      lightweight [kvass, etc]. Those of you who specialize in making
      spirits (LEGALLY!) are encouraged to attend and share your handiwork.

      If you would like to be on the brewer's judging panel, please contact
      me off-list.

      YIS,

      ~Fionnghuala of the White Hands

      PS> I am personally pushing for a storytelling contest in Easter-
      themed folklore. More on that later.

      "Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point." ----Blaise
      Pascal, 1623-1662
      (The Heart has its reasons, whereof Reason knows nothing.)

      "Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris." (If Caesar was still alive,
      you'd be chained to an oar.)
    • ragnarr1066
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 14, 2004
        Speaking of which, is anyone from House Ostrov subscribed here? If
        so, could you possibly contact me off-list?

        Your input would be truly invaluable for this event.

        (Sorry for the bandwidth. Your website appears to be down, and I
        have no other way to reach you.)

        [Clip your posts--Moderator]
      • ragnarr1066
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 6, 2004
          Hail mighty e-list! If you're handy to the region of North/Central
          Jersey: we're still in need of scholarly Slavic minds, to assist
          with some of the technical aspects of this event. ;)

          To this end, an event flyer w/details, has been uploaded
          ("BGI_Flyer.jpg") to the SIG file-archives
          (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sig/files/.) Or, just access the
          official EK writeup at: http://www.eastkingdom.org/event-detail.html?
          eid=972.

          Artisans, musicians, storytellers, decorators, etc, are most welcome
          to respond. A&S entrants, and general help behind the scenes, are
          needed equally.

          YIS,

          Lord Ragnarr Dragonheart
          Seneschal XIII, Canton of Gryphonwald