Re: [sig] Odd question/Odd topic

  • Tracy Kremer
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2004
      Magdalena wrote;
      > I did come across a blip on Persia
      > with is out of our area but... Red is a popular
      > color for
      > womens'overtunics but only prostitutes wore red
      > trousers. Maybe
      > someone will come across something to do with the
      > color red.
      > Magdalena Gdanska

      Thank you, milady; that is exactly the kind of thing
      we are looking for. Persia is not a commonly used
      locale for SCA members, but may be used sometimes.

      Do you recall where you found it?

      Vlakh wrote;
      > I know that in England an adult woman with loose
      > curly hair would have
      > been marked as a prostitute, I am unsure of the time
      > period however....

      hmmmm - that may come in handy. Thank you, milord!

      > Hm... I don't know of any documentation for that,
      > though calling someone
      > a 'loose woman' is a common slur in English.
      > However, the looseness
      > generally referrs to appendages below the waist. :)
      > -- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika

      LOL!!

      Eluned

      =====

      CONTACT ME FOR CUST0M NECKLACES! For SCA, New Age, and all lovers of amber and semiprecious stones...silver only, no gold.

      http://www.secfi.org/concarolinas for all you Southeastern science fiction fans!

      for good webcomics! http://www.schlockmercenary.com http://www.kevinandkell.com

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail