Re: [sig] Digest Number 1578

  • Tracy Kremer
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 15, 2004
      > From: Danks Cole <corgano@...>
      > Subject: Re: Standing collar for tunic?
      >

      > Thank you for the rectangle warning...that is what I
      > was considering.....
      >
      > Has anybody tried an all bead collar? I'm referring
      > to those iddy-bitty seed beads...

      No, but I sell those beads at some events for a
      friend, and I will warn you, a lot of them adds up to
      a _heavy_ bit of fabric!

      Eluned

      =====

      CONTACT ME FOR CUST0M NECKLACES! For SCA, New Age, and all lovers of amber and semiprecious stones...silver only, no gold.

      http://www.secfi.org/concarolinas for all you Southeastern science fiction fans!

      for good webcomics! http://www.schlockmercenary.com http://www.kevinandkell.com

      http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo
    • Jeanne
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 16, 2004
        I made a Jacobean beaded jacket:

        http://community.webshots.com/user/atasetofcreole

        and the beading added a good 5 pounds to the light weight wool fabric
        (cotton gauze lining).

        Soffya

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 18, 2004
          Wow Soffiya, very nice!

          Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski, House Griffin's Moon, Katski's Pulk
          Middle Kingdom, Barony of the Northwoods, The Shire of Talonval
          Student of THL Albyn Buckthorne, C.B.R., Sword Brother
          In democracy your vote counts. In feudalism your count votes.

        • Cynthia S Potts
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 18, 2004
            What an amazing jacket! Would you wear that as part of your normal garb,
            or does it work as part of an outfit for court garb? I can't imagine how
            many hours it took to do that!

            Smiles and Service,
            Jana of the Czigan
            mka Cynthia Potts

            Now includes pop-up blocker!
          • Jeanne
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 21, 2004
              Thank you. I'm saving it for crown tourney. A friend is fighting for me.
              Hubby could care less. He's had a VERY bad experience with local SCA group.
              But he lets me play on occasion.

              PS I also use it for mundane ware! I'm slow but not stupid! I priced it at
              a clothing store at around a grand!

              Soffya